Hi Bold Bakers!
There is nothing more festive than the combination of chocolate and peppermint so I think you’ll really enjoy my Chocolate and Peppermint Ice Cream!
You can’t have the holidays without chocolate! Whether you love classic combinations like chocolate and cherry, chocolate and hazelnut, or you prefer just plain chocolate, it is a must when celebrating Christmas.
Some Bold Bakers get their chocolate and peppermint fill from my Homemade Starbucks Peppermint Mochas, Me, I like to make this super simple Chocolate and Peppermint Ice Cream. My homemade no machine ice cream starts just like my other Holiday Ice Cream flavors, with my 2 ingredient ice cream base. I love to use this Vanilla Ice Cream base as a way to use up that extra chocolate I always have around the house during the holidays. This rich Chocolate Ice Cream is made by adding good quality melted chocolate to Vanilla Ice Cream. Then you add peppermint. I used crushed peppermint candy. This is also a great way to use up those extra candy canes.
Rich and creamy chocolate ice cream studded with red and white peppermint dust, what could possibly be more festive? You will love making this Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream just as much as eating it!
Have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? There you’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the Holidays, from Easy Sugar Cookies to my Best-Ever Pecan Pie. Plus, get more Holiday Ice Cream flavors including Gingerbread Men and Cookies for Santa Ice Cream.
- 1 14 ounce (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml) heavy dairy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- ¾ cup (4½oz/120g) chocolate, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup (3oz/90g) crushed peppermint candy
- Beat cold heavy dairy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
- Then, turn up the machine speed again and whip until your mixture is thick and to stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base add the melted cooled chocolate. Do this as quickly as you can, stirring constantly to keep the chocolate from seizing up and separating from the ice cream base. Once the chocolate has been mixed through, fold in the crushed peppermint candy.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight before scooping and serving.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.