This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Every Bold Baker needs a great recipe for white bread. It is an all-purpose, versatile dough that will welcome the addition of toppings and fillings. Crazy Dough is that very dough you have been looking for!!!!!!
So what is Crazy Dough? Well, what if I told you that from one simple yeast dough you can get endless variations of completely different breads, from pizza dough, naan bread, cinnamon rolls and even loafs of cheesy bread. All you need is this one easy Master Recipe.
If you’ve ever made my Irish Soda Bread or Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread you know a simple loaf of bread when made at home is one of the most delicious things. Store-bought bread just does not compare! If you’ve never baked breads at home you are missing out, but I don’t blame you as some recipes for bread can be complex and take up a lot of your time. Well, not this recipe!
My recipe for a simple bread loaf is actually pretty special. I don’t stop at just homemade bread, I’ve made a Cheesy Bread Loaf. This bread is marbled throughout with chunks of cheese and of course topped with an extra generous helping. I used a good sharp cheddar cheese but feel free to experiment with your favorite hard cheeses, as this would be super yummy with white cheddar or grated parmesan. If you can keep it around long enough this bread is my absolute favorite sliced up and served alongside soup for lunch or made into a killer sandwich. If you’ve never made homemade bread before this Crazy Dough Cheesy Bread is a great gateway.
Get my base Crazy Dough Recipe, and come back every Sunday at 8:30am Pacific Time for more Crazy Dough variations!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Crazy Dough Cheesy Bread
- 1 Crazy Dough recipe
- 1 cup (3oz/90g) grated cheddar cheese
- Once crazy dough had proofed and knocked back remove from the bowl and transfer onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into two balls to make 2 loafs of bread or use the whole recipe for one larger loaf.
- Gently knead 2/3 of the grated cheese into the dough until evenly distributed.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly greased loaf tin and top with the remaining cheese
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel then set the loaf tin aside in a warm spot to proof for a second time. This should take 45 minutes to an hour.
- After the second proofing preheat the oven to 400oF (200oC). Pop the loaf tin into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the bread has a golden brown crust.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before before running a knife along the outside of the bread to loosen. gently lift the loaf out of the tin and allow to cool fully before slicing. This is a delicious bread served warm and spread with butter, toasted and eaten with breakfast, or served cold and made into a sandwich! Enjoy!