This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Made from start to finish in 10 minutes with homemade ingredients like my Creamy Mascarpone Cheese and my Easy Homemade Lady Fingers, this updated tiramisu recipe gives the classic a run for its money!
You’ve requested tiramisu a lot, and you’ve asked for dessert recipes you can make when you don’t have a lot of time, so by popular demand, I’m bringing you my easy 10 Minute Tiramisu recipe!
What is Tiramisu?
One of my favorite Italian desserts is classic tiramisu. Rich and creamy in texture with hints of espresso, almond, and chocolate. What’s not to like? As a professional chef, I’ve made my share of classic tiramisu recipes but I always thought it took a few more steps than it should. So, I decided to revamp a classic tiramisu recipe to include all the flavor, but less of the fuss.
It will be our secret because nobody needs to know my easy 10 Minute Tiramisu Recipe took you less than half the time to prepare. The few steps I’ve simplified mean I can really enjoy entertaining and not just end up stuck in the kitchen when I make this recipe as something special to enjoy with family and friends.
How to Make My Tiramisu Recipe in 10 Minutes
What makes this 10 Minute Tiramisu different from the rest? Well, usually this dessert requires you to separate eggs, make a custard, then fold that into another mixture with whipped cream and mascarpone cheese — and that’s just the first step. Bottom line, all you need to make a killer tiramisu is fresh heavy dairy cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar, and good vanilla.
Now all you have to do is whip these ingredients together, and layer with classic ladyfingers. I swear to you no one will be saying “I really miss the eggs,” especially because they’ll be too busy swooning over how gorgeous your tiramisu is.
And be sure to give my Homemade Ladyfingers recipe a try.
Can’t Find Ladyfingers? Make Them!
Equally as important as the mascarpone mousse filling is the ladyfinger biscuits that line the tiramisu.
While store-bought will do here, they can be hard to find or you might not have them on hand. Not to worry, because I have two different ladyfinger recipes! One is for classic Homemade Ladyfingers and the other is for Egg-free Ladyfingers. Both of these recipes are super simple cookie recipes that have just a few basic ingredients.
The best part about using my ladyfingers recipe in My 10 Minute Tiramisu recipe is knowing the finished product is 100% made from scratch. There is a huge difference in flavor and texture, and not only is this the fastest tiramisu you’ll ever make, but the most decadent!
How to Top A Tiramisu Recipe
To finish off my 10 Minute Tiramisu recipe, I put a little extra love into the presentation and this too is a cinch. I simply pipe little mounds of the sweet mascarpone mixture all across the top of my tiramisu and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Can You Make 10-minute Tiramisu With Other Flavors?
Once I made this 10-minute classic, I was inspired by you Bold Bakers to experiment with other flavor variations. Many of you asked if more chocolate could be added or if there are other flavorings besides the coffee.
With these questions, I went into the kitchen and created two different variations on my 10-minute tiramisu: my 10 Minute Summer Berry Tiramisu and my 10 Minute Chocolate Tiramisu. That means a fruity variation for those that love fresh bright fruity flavors, a gorgeous chocolate version for all those chocoholics out there. This recipe doubles down on the chocolate by adding a layer of rich chocolate mascarpone mousse!
Make More Desserts in No Time!
And don’t forget to check out my new cookbook, Bigger Bolder Baking Every Day for more easy desserts!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Easy 10-Minute Tiramisu
- 1 cup(8floz/225ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(8oz/225g) mascarpone cheese , room temperature (see substitute idea below)
- 1/3 cup(2 1/2 oz/71g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liquor or Brandy (optional but yummy!)
- 2 cups(16oz/450ml) espresso or STRONG coffee at room temperature
- 1 pack Ladyfingers (Boudoir biscuits/Savoiardi. Look for egg-free ladyfingers if needed)
- Cocoa powder for dusting the top
- Beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add in mascarpone cheese and amaretto (if using) and continue to whip to stiff peaks.
- Dip ladyfingers in coffee (and brandy if using) and place in an 8×8 pan to make the first layer – you can fit about 7-9 cookies in each layer. Don't let them soak as the will fall apart, just a quick dunk in the coffee is enough.
- Spread half of the whipped cream mixture on top of the first layer of ladyfingers. Repeat process with the second layer of ladyfingers and cream mixture.
- Dust the top of dessert with cocoa powder using a sieve. Refrigerate for about 2-4 hours (it gets even better in the fridge and is a perfect make-ahead dessert).
You can make an egg free sponge cake for this using my egg substitute chart.
If using alcohol, add the Amaretto to the whipped cheese and cream mix, and the brandy, or rum, to the coffee mix. Use one or the other, or both! *Make Homemade Ladyfingers including an egg-free recipe!