Hi Bold Bakers!
We all know and love the traditional savory rice paper Spring Roll but have you ever seen a Fresh Fruit Spring Roll? They are rice paper rolls filled with slices of Fresh Strawberries, Peaches, Melon and Mango, all wrapped up to make the perfect healthy portable snack.
There is no cooking required, just combine all of the fruit and let the fresh flavors speak for themselves. These Fruit Spring Rolls are great for picnics, the beach or for summer parties. And just like a traditional roll, you can serve it with a dipping sauce made from zesty Limes and a little honey.
An added bonus of my Summer Fruit Spring Rolls is that they are full of all natural sugars, are suitable for Vegans and are gluten free.
If you think this recipe is fun and creative then you will love my Fruit Sushi, which is also vegan and gluten free.
A Big & Bold thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this BONUS video to bring you my Summer Fruit Spring Rolls! Be sure to go to your local Walmart and check out their local produce offerings.
- 8 strawberries
- ½ cantaloupe melon
- 1 peach
- 1 mango
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- Bunch of mint
- 8 rice paper wraps
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- Zest and juice of 1 Lime
- 3 tablespoons water , to thin out sauce, if needed
- Peel the melon and mango and cut it into slices and then into matchstick-shaped pieces.
- Hull and slice the strawberries into thin slices.
- Quarter the apple and remove the seeds. Slice and cut into matchsticks as well (squeeze a little lemon juice over to stop them turning brown)
- With the peach, cut in half to remove the stone. Then cut like the other fruit.
- In a large bowl, add warm water and soak the rice paper wraps for about 20 seconds. When it starts to go soft remove it from the water. If the wrappers are too sticky to use, it means they spent too long in the water. The wrap should be pliable, but still slightly firm, as it will soften while you put in the filling.
- Place the rice paper smooth side down on a chopping board. Place the fruit towards the middle of the wrapper.
- Start to roll the spring roll like a burrito. Fold the wrapper over the filling, fold in 2 sides and roll to seal. Take care when rolling as your wrapper can rip.
- For the dipping sauce: Mix together all of the ingredients and serve with your rolls. Trust me you don’t want to leave this sauce out, it’s delicious.
WW SmartPoints: 5
WW PointsPlus: 3
The less time the rice paper wrappers spend in the water the easier they will be to use and roll.
Have all of your fruit ready before you starting rolling your spring rolls.
Rice Paper Wrappers are gluten free
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
1 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.