This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Who out there is a sucker for all things hazelnut and chocolate? I know I am! This Healthy Nutella Recipe is homemade, packed with that chocolate and hazelnut flavor, and is so good I find myself literally eating it off a spoon. There really is nothing like the flavor combination of decadent chocolate and toasty hazelnuts.
Move over store bought Nutella! This homemade Healthy Nutella Recipe is NUTS! (pun intended, of course). While this recipe is low on effort it is maxed out on flavor. This Nutella rendition is a cross between hazelnut butter and chocolate spread. To start I toast my hazelnuts releasing all of that nutty flavor. When the hazelnuts are toasted to a golden brown I blitz them into a super smooth nut butter. This takes just minutes and is so easy as my food processor does all the work. This is where it goes from nut butter to homemade Healthy Nutella. I add cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup and blend.
No preservatives or artificial ingredients, this sweet spread is good enough to eat all on its own. I love to use it to take my morning toast to the next level or spread on a piece of my Best Ever Banana Bread. This Nutella will keep in your fridge for up to one month but I doubt it will last this long. This a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth but keep things on the healthier side. I cannot wait for you to give it a try!
Get more Bold Baking Guilt Free desserts including Healthy Brownies, Vegan Caramel Sauce & more!
Healthy Nutella Recipe (Vegan)
- 1 1/3 cup (6 1/2oz/ 200g) hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup (3oz/90g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (8floz/240ml) almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract , optional
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them until fragrant, about 12 to 15 minutes. Keep an eye on this!
- Allow to cool then transfer the hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse for about 5 minutes until you get a smooth paste. You will need to stir every minute or so to reach a smooth consistency. After the hazelnuts have been pureed into a smooth butter add the the cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup and blend until a thick chocolatey paste is formed.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 month in the fridge