Hi Bold Bakers!
When it comes to comfort baking there is just nothing that can be compared to classic Homemade Banana Bread. Something about that warm sweet toasty smell that fills the house always gets me. Banana Bread tends to be one of those recipes that you need a master recipe for, one that never fails you. If you’re like me you probably have your mum’s or granny’s Banana Bread recipe written on a scrap piece of paper that you occasionally misplace and then freak out when you can’t find it! Well, freak out no more because I have your go-to, never-fail Best Ever Banana Bread recipe right here.
I have tried and tested so many Banana Bread recipes throughout my career. After time spent working in pastry and baking in restaurants to working in catering and now for myself, I have taken the best parts of all of the Banana Bread recipes I’ve ever created and combined them into one “Best Ever” recipe that is the end all and be all of Banana Breads.
When I think of Homemade Banana Bread I think of the sweet hearty banana flavor, a brown toasty crust and a tender cake-like interior. This recipe perfectly combines wholesome simple ingredients like sweet cinnamon, hearty oats, milk and ripe bananas. The result is the ideal Best Ever Banana Bread which truly lives up to its name. This special Banana Bread needs nothing else to make the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert, although I do love it with a bit of soft butter.
If you’re craving some serious home baked comfort food, I have you and your family covered with this recipe. Once you give this Best Ever Banana Bread recipe a try you will never make another one again.
- 1½ cups ( 71/2oz/ 225g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ⅔ cup (5oz/150g) sugar
- ¾ cup (2¼oz/67g) rolled oats (preferably quick-cooking)
- ¼ cup (2floz/60ml) flavorless oil (canola, vegetable, sunflower oil)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (21/2floz/75ml) milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180oC)
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt)
- In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and mashed bananas)
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix by hand just until combined. Do not over mix as this can make the banana bread tough.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick or cake-tester comes out clean. Enjoy!
- Store at room temperature wrapped in cling wrap for up to 3 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
49 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.