Get my chef-tested secrets and make this easy banana bread recipe featuring sweet banana flavor, a brown tender crust and soft cake-like interior
Hi Bold Bakers!
When it comes to comfort baking there is just nothing that can be compared to classic, easy Banana Bread recipe. Something about that toasty, sweet smell that fills the house always gets me. Banana Bread tends to be one of those recipes that you need a master recipe for, one that never fails you. If you’re like me you probably have your mum’s or granny’s Banana Bread recipe written on a scrap piece of paper that you occasionally misplace and then freak out when you can’t find it!
Well, freak out no more because I have your go-to, never-fail Best Ever Banana Bread recipe right here.
My Banana Bread Recipe Secrets
I have tried and tested so many Banana Bread recipes throughout my career. After time spent working in pastry and baking in restaurants to working in catering and now for myself, I have taken the best parts of all of the Banana Bread recipes I’ve ever created and combined them into one Best Banana Bread Recipe. Keep reading to find out the secrets to how you can get the best results.
How Do You Make Banana Bread
When I think of Homemade Banana Bread I think of the sweet hearty banana flavor, a brown toasty crust and a tender cake-like interior. To achieve that result, this recipe perfectly combines wholesome simple ingredients like sweet cinnamon, milk, ripe bananas, and a not so common ingredient: hearty oats.
The rolled oats soak up all the moisture and make for a soft and moist banana bread. This recipe contains eggs, but if you don’t eat eggs you can use my egg substitute chart for baking. Once you combine your wet and dry ingredients, make sure you only fold them together so you don’t over mix the batter and make it tough.
Making a Really Moist Banana Bread
In addition to adding oats to this recipe, flavorless oil like vegetable oil helps ensure you’ll get a really moist result. And here’s another secret trick: once you bake your banana bread, and you see a lovely golden brown color on top, take your bread out of the oven and cover it with aluminum foil while it’s still warm. Covering the bread with foil will steam the cake to make it extra soft and delicious, giving you a sticky top like you’d find in a gingerbread.
If you’re craving some serious home baked comfort food, I have you and your family covered with this recipe. Make sure to cut thick slices and enjoy it simply with butter. Once you give this Best Ever Banana Bread recipe a try, this will be your new go-to recipe.
Try more of my Best-Ever Recipes:
- 1½ cups (7 ½ oz/ 213g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup (2¼oz/64g) rolled oats (preferably quick-cooking)
- ⅔ cup (5oz/142g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (21/2floz/71ml) milk
- ¼ cup (2floz/57ml) flavorless oil (canola, vegetable, sunflower oil)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas , mashed
- Preheat your oven to 350oF (180oC)
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt)
- In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and mashed bananas)
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix by hand just until combined. Do not over mix as this can make the banana bread tough.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick or cake-tester comes out clean. Enjoy!
- Store at room temperature wrapped in cling wrap for up to 3 days.
Watch the Recipe Video!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
148 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.