This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Nutella recipes are some of your most popular requests so this week I’ll show you how to make the best homemade Nutella. Plus, we’ll make delicious crepes from scratch that you can enjoy for breakfast or any time of day.
Homemade Nutella & Crepes
- ½ Cup (100g/4oz) all purpose flour
- 1 eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 ⅓ Cup (300ml/11floz) milk
- 1 tbsp (15g) melted butter
- Put the flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the eggs into the middle.
- Pour in the the milk and start whisking from the centre, gradually drawing the flour into the egg and milk. Once all the flour is incorporated, whisk until it is smooth. Then whisk in the melted butter. 3. Add a little more milk if it is too stiff.
- Rest your batter in the fridge for 30 minutes. This is an important step and yields better pancakes.
- Heat the pan over a medium heat, then wipe it with butter. Ladle some batter (roughly ⅓ cup/ 4 tablespoons) into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer. then leave to cook, undisturbed, for about 30 secs.
- If the pan is the right temperature, the pancake should turn golden underneath after about 45 secs and will be ready to turn.
- Flipping pancakes: Hold the pan handle, ease a fish slice under the pancake, then quickly lift and flip it over. Make sure the pancake is lying flat against base of the pan with no folds, then cook for another 30 secs before turning out onto a warm plate. Continue with the rest of the batter, serving them as you cook or stack onto a plate. You can make them up to a day ahead and reheat them on the oven on in the oven.
- 1 generous cups (5 ¼ oz /150g) hazelnuts
- 100 g/4oz milk chocolate , melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (65g/2 1/4oz) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (or any flavorless oil)
- Roast at 200º C for 10-15 mins until very fragrant and well roasted.
- While warm rub them vigorously with a cloth towel to remove as much of the skins as possible.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and blend until it forms a very smooth peanut butter-like paste. This takes a little over 2 minutes. Note: While it is processing make sure to scrape down the bowl so that all of the nuts get blended up well. You need the nut paste to be very smooth.
- When the paste resembles peanut butter and is smooth and shiny on top then it is done. You need to get it smooth now so that your finished nutella will also be smooth
- Add in the remaining ingredients: Cocoa powder, icing sugar, cooled melted chocolate, vanilla extract and vegetable oil.
- Continue blending all of these ingredients together for around another 90 seconds or so. Just like before, stop the machine to wipe down the sides to ensure everything is getting blended. When it is smooth and is lovely and shiny then it is done.
- Store your Nutella in an airtight jar at room temperature for 4 weeks.
Watch The Recipe Video!
This Recipe Made By Bold Bakers
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, a cookbook author, and the creator of Bigger Bolder Baking. I want to help you bake with confidence anytime, anywhere with my trusted and tested recipes and baking tips. You may have seen one of my 500+ videos on YouTube & TikTok or as a guest judge on Nailed It! on Netflix or the Best Baker in America on Food Network. No matter your skills, my Bold Baking Team & I want to be your #1 go-to baking authority.