This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
My stomach, unlike myself is very impatient. If you tell me I can have some of my favorite snacks fast and it cooks in a microwave I am in. The result is an amazing, soft and buttery savory muffin.
This savory Microwave Cheddar & Bacon Muffin in a Mug is the perfect single serving portion for when that 3 o’clock slump hits or you just fancy a quick treat for yourself. It will fill you up but still leave room for dinner. It’s full of flavor and good ingredients.
Special thanks to The TODAY Show and Today.com for making this recipe possible for you. Make sure you WATCH the recipe video and get the full written recipe below.
The cook time I gave is based on my microwave which heats at 1200 Watts. I always suggest keeping a close eye on your mug meal when cooking as over cooking can make them rubbery instead of soft like they should be.
My Mug Meals are as fast to cook off as they are to whip up. Unlike fast food these mug recipes are real food fast because they’re made with good ingredients.
If you are short on time or just simply don’t have an oven then a meal in a mug is a perfect way you can still eat something homemade with real ingredients.
Cheddar & Bacon Muffin in a Mug
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon (1/4 oz/ 9g) butter, cubed
- 3½ tablespoons milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon bacon
- 1 tablespoon cheese
- In a microwavable mug, mix together the flour, baking powder, onion powder and salt
- Using your fork, incorporate the cubed butter into the dry ingredients. When done it will resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk, bacon and cheese until your mix forms a batter
- Microwave for roughly 45 seconds - 1 minute (this timing is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary)
- Enjoy warm!