Hi Bold Bakers!
Each year, when fall rolls around, I get so excited for baking season! There is just nothing like cozying up in the kitchen to make homemade treats, with all of the seasons best ingredients. It goes without saying that one of the fall flavors we all know and love is apple. From Granny Smith to Red Delicious, and cooking varieties such as Bramley, there is no limit to our creativity. Now you can have an amazing apple dessert in minutes with my recipe for Microwave Mug Apple Crisp. You heard me right! Instead of making a traditional apple crisp I am making this classic recipe into a single serve, microwave mug treat.
This Microwave Mug Apple Crisp is perfect pretty much any time of day, a sweet breakfast, after school snack, or a late night treat! Just like me you probably have a few extra apples in your kitchen at this time of year. Instead of allowing them to perish, you can turn them into this comforting treat in under 10 minutes. To make my Microwave Mug Apple Crisp I simply dice up my apples and toss them in a bit of cinnamon and flour, just like a traditional apple crisp. I top my apple with a lovely crunchy topping made of oats, pecans, butter and sugar. You would not believe what these simple ingredients do when microwaved for just 2 minutes. The apples soften, and the crunchy topping crisps, and just like that, you have made the perfect, single serve, apple crisp.
- 3 tablespoons (1½oz/45g) butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 small apple, peeled diced
- ½ tablespoon all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl stir in the oats,flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and the salt.
- Stir in the melted butter to create the crisp topping
- Chop the apples small and toss them with the ½ tablespoon of flour, ½ tablespoon of the sugar, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Take a Microwaveable mug and fill with the apple. You can fill the mug because the apples cook down.
- Spoon the crisp mixture over the top.
- Microwave for 2- 2 ½ minutes. the apples should be bubbling and the whole thing will reduce in size. Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary.
- Carefully remove from the microwave and let stand until cool enough to eat. Be careful because it's going to be really hot at first!
- Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream
- Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug.
WW PointsPlus: 19
Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug. The mugs I use are small, roughly 6oz (¾ /1 cup)
This pie can be made 24 hours in advance so you can have them ready for a party
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.