Hi Bold Bakers!
Who else out there loves a good old Pecan Pie? Golden crust, toasty pecans and that sweet maple syrup infused filling. What could be better? Pecan Pie is one of my top, all time favorite pies. This is exactly why I created this Microwave Mug Pecan Pie, to fix all your Pecan Pie cravings. Try this amazing recipe for Microwave Mug Pecan Pie, ready in minutes, just for you!
This Microwave Mug Pecan Pie might even be better than the real deal. Why? Well this baby can be made and cooked in under 10 minutes and that is no exaggeration! To put this sweet mug pie together I simply fill the bottom of a microwavable mug with crushed graham crackers, followed by a mixture of brown sugar, toasted pecans, egg and maple syrup. Traditional pecan pie can have corn syrup or corn starch to thicken it, while this Microwave Mug Pecan Pie is simply thickened by the sticky maple syrup and the egg. After 1 minute in the microwave this mug pie is ready to be devoured.
I’d be lying to you if I said this Microwave Mug Pecan Pie was going to last long, but that said this can be mixed up ahead like my other Make Ahead Mug Meals, meaning a little pecan pie could be waiting for you in the fridge right now. Eat one, save one!
So go on and give this one a try ASAP. This Microwave Mug Pecan Pie is promised to warm your heart and satisfy your sweet tooth! If you like this recipe you’ll love my Microwave Mug Pumpkin Pie and Microwave Mug Apple Crisp, too!
- 1 ½ tablespoon (45g/1 ½ oz) butter, melted
- ⅔ cup (85g/3 ¼ oz) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (41g/1 ½ oz) maple syrup/ honey or golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup (60g/2oz) pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 small cookies , crushed into 2 tablespoons of crumbs (graham crackers, digestives, gingersnap cookies)
- extra pecans for decoration
- (Makes enough for two pies).
- In a small bowl whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, pecans, vanilla and salt. Whisk in egg.
- In a microwavable mug add in your crushed cookies to the bottom.
- Pour in your pecan pie mix. Microwave roughly for 1- ½ minutes, checking every 30 seconds. The mix will thicken and appear jelly like, but it will set as it cools. Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Let it stand for a couple minutes to cool. Serve with whipped cream and Enjoy otherwise place in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- *notes: Make the pecan pie mix 24 hours in advance.
- Once microwaved you can place in the fridge once cooled for up to 2 days. Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.