This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Thailand is a country that does curry so well. Hands down, Thai Green Curry is a meal I could eat everyday for the rest of my life. The beauty of this Microwave Thai Green Curry in a Mug is there are no pots and pans needed. The sauce, noodles and vegetables are all cooked to perfection in a mug in a fraction of the time it normally takes.
Customize this recipe to suit your diet and flavor profile. Substitute green curry paste for red for a hotter curry. Add in cooked protein like chicken or even fish. Feel free also to add in as much veggies and variety as you like. This is not a recipe that you need to stay within the lines.
Bold Baking Tips for Mug Meals
The cook time is based on my microwave which is 1200 Watts so your cook time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. When in doubt check your mug meal after 45 seconds just to make sure it is cooking ok. You can always cook it for 30 second intervals if you wish. Also, the mugs I use are small, roughly 6oz (¾ /1 cup) but feel free to use bigger.
Mug recipes are real meals made fast. They are satisfying, single-serving recipes made with real food. For even more convenience, make them up the night before for a fast meal the next day.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Microwave Thai Green Curry in a Mug
- ½ cup (4floz/120ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons frozen carrots and peas (or whatever frozen veggies you like)
- 1 handful vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Sliced red chili for garnish (optional)
- In a microwave safe mug add your coconut milk, green curry paste, lime juice and frozen veggies
- Give this a good stir to combine then add in your noodles.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes or until the noodles are soft and fully cooked (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Enjoy straight away!
Want even MORE MUG MEALS? Click HERE to find lots more.