Hi Bold Bakers!
When you hit that 3 o’clock slump I look to a famous American snack, a Microwave Rice Krispie Treat in a Mug. It’s a trip down memory lane for your tastebuds. Believe me, your inner kidult will thank you.
This Microwave Rice Krispie Treat in a Mug is the perfect after school snack. You can make it all in under 5 minutes. And if you want to get a little ahead of yourself then you can make one up the day before for a lunch box the next day. P.S They also satisfy your sweet tooth later at night, and they are single serving so less guilt, right?
Bold Baking Tips for Mug Meals
The cook time is based on my microwave which is 1200 Watts so your cook time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. When in doubt check your mug meal after 45 seconds just to make sure it is cooking ok. You can always cook it for 30 second intervals if you wish. Also the mugs I use are small, roughly 6oz (¾ /1 cup) but feel free to use bigger.
Trying to find a good after school snack or treat that is not fast food is hard. This recipe really fills that hole. Another great treat for after school is my Mug Pizza or my Ramen in a Mug. Both are filling meals made to satisfy after a long day at school or the office..
- 5 tablespoons small marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons rice crispy
- ½ tablespoon (¼ oz/7g) butter (tiny knob)
- First place the marshmallows in the bottom of a microwave safe mug.
- Next add your Rice Krispie cereal on top of your marshmallows and top with butter.
- Microwave for 15-20 second or until your marshmallows are gooey and melted (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Give everything a good stir until evenly combined then allow to cool and set for about 5 minutes.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.