This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
If there’s one thing I bet you never thought you’d easily make at home, it’s Neapolitan Ice Cream! Well, my recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3… literally! This new ice cream flavor is no joke! If you’ve ever had trouble deciding between what I refer to as “the holy trinity” – chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, you will fall in love with this flavor. To me this really is the ice cream equivalent of having my cake and eating it too.
First off, have you tried my Two Ingredient, Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine recipe? You simply whip up cream and condensed milk to create this amazing ice cream base without the need for an ice cream machine. You know that saying, “If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is…” Well, in this case, it is that simple and it tastes that good. I have made almost 100 flavors from this two ingredient base including Lemon Meringue Pie, Mint Chocolate Chip and even my favorite flavors of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. You can probably tell by now that is a very versatile Ice Cream.
Americans really know what they’re doing when it comes to ice cream, creating so many over the top flavors that include everything from chocolate to peanut butter to pretzel! But the truth is I really love this traditional way of wrapping everyone’s favorites into one! Having been popular in America since the 1890s, this flavor not only tastes beyond delicious but looks beautiful as it’s streaked throughout with equal parts white, pink and rich brown.
The “pink” or sweet and tangy strawberry stripe is made by adding fresh strawberry puree to my two ingredient ice cream recipe. The Vanilla comes from fragrant and sweet vanilla extract, one of my all time favorite flavorings. Lastly the deeply chocolatey stripe is created by adding rich melted chocolate to my classic vanilla base.
The result is dessert heaven! No more standing in front of the freezer deliberating over which flavor to indulge in, the answer is my homemade neapolitan ice cream!
MAKE MORE ICE CREAM FLAVORS!
Get 100+ Ice Cream recipes at my Gemma’s Freezer Section Ice Cream Destination page!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Neapolitan Ice Cream (No Machine)
- First melt your chocolate in a microwavable bowl or over a bain marie then set aside to cool.
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Beat cold heavy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream then stir in vanilla extract.
- Then, turn up the machine speed again and whip until your mixture is thick and to stiff peaks.
- Now that you have your ice cream base evenly divide it into 3 separate bowls. Add the strawberry puree to one bowl and fold until evenly combined. To the next blow add in your melted chocolate fold until evenly combined.
- To create the classic tri-color neapolitan look fill up the container of your choice by scooping a little of each flavor at a time, alternating between chocolate, vanilla and strawberry until you've used all of each flavor.
- Freeze your ice cream for at least 6 hours or overnight before scooping and serving.