Hi Bold Bakers!
One of the very first things I think of when I think of Summer treats are popsicles! Popsicles are fun to eat and SO simple to make. Instead of going down to the shop and picking them up, I always try and make them at home, such as my All Natural Fruit Popsicles. As a result, these treats have quickly become go-to recipes during the summer. One of my favorite new popsicle flavors that I’ve made recently are my Neapolitan Popsicles, which I’m sure are going to be your favorite new ones as well!
Since my homemade No-Machine Neapolitan Ice Cream was such a hit, I knew I had to take this classic flavor and turn it into a yummy popsicle for you all to enjoy. There’s something so satisfying about the flavor combination of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry all mixed together. It’s kind of like having your cake and eating it too. And since you can have all these flavors in one popsicle, there’s no reason to choose something else!
These beautiful multicolored Neapolitan Popsicles are super impressive and festive looking, yet few would ever know they start out with a base of healthy non-fat greek yogurt. Furthermore, assembling these into their three sections couldn’t be easier!
Simply mix up your vanilla base and divide into three bowls, add in fresh strawberry puree to one bowl and cocoa powder to another, leaving plain vanilla in one bowl. As a result, you’ve got your three flavors! After you’re done mixing, layer the bottom chocolate mix into your favorite popsicle molds about 1/3 of the way in, and let it freeze. You then repeat the process with the vanilla and strawberry sections until completed.
After just a few hours in the freezer, you can reveal these beautifully striped popsicles. While it’s hard to pick favorites, having these decadent flavors melt together in your mouth makes choosing these Neapolitan Popsicles a pretty easy choice.
Get more of my 5 Best Popsicles for Summer!
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup (8floz225ml) cream
- 3/4 cup (6oz/170g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (10oz/284g) strawberries, pureed and strained
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Milk to thin , if needed
- First make your strawberry puree by blending the strawberries in a food processor. If you can't find fresh berries you can use frozen that have been defrosted.
- Once pureed strain the mixture though a sieve to remove any seeds.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the greek yogurt, cream, sugar and vanilla until sugar has dissolved. This will act as the base for all 3 flavors.
- Divide this mixture into 3 bowls. To one bowl add the strawberry puree and mix until combined. To another bowl add the cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Now assemble your popsicles: Starting with the chocolate flavor transfer the yogurt mixture into a large jug with a spout.
- Fill up your popsicle molds about 1/3 of the way with the chocolate flavor and freeze for 1/2 hours (just to help set the top layer a bit). Repeat this process with the remaining 2 flavors.
- Once all 3 flavors are layered insert your popsicle sticks and freeze for 3-5 hours until solid or overnight.
- To remove the popsicles from the molds run under warm water for 5 seconds and gently pull on the popsicle stick.
- Serve immediately or store in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.