Hi Bold Bakers!
This Microwave Peanut Butter & Banana Mug Cake packs a protein punch that will give you energy and keeps you going until your next meal. Also, it’s the perfect snack for after a work out.
This Peanut Butter and Banana Mug Cake contains no flour and just natural sugars. Made will all-natural, good ingredients, it is filling and the perfect single serving portion that will guarantee to satisfy you without making you feel stuffed.
Mix it up the night before and microwave it off fresh the next morning or whenever you want your snack.
I used ground up rolled oats for this moist cake which gives it lovely texture and the oats are great to release energy throughout the day.
The Banana and Peanut Butter in this mug cake make it incredibly soft and moist.
Find more Microwave Mug Meals here!
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
Be sure to check out my other Mug Cake, Cookies, Cheesecake & Breakfast recipes & videos:
- 5 Microwave Mug Breakfasts
- Chocolate Mug Cake Trio
- 1 Minute Mug Cake Celebration!
- Original 1 Minute Mug Cakes
- 1 Minute Mug Cakes Sequel
- 1 Minute Mug Cookies
- Microwave Mug Cheesecakes
- 3 Microwave Breakfasts in a Mug
- ½ medium banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ½ tablespoons (30g/1oz) oat flour*
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a large microwavable mug mash the banana with a fork
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg whites and vanilla
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and gently stir in until combined
- Microwave for 45 second- 1 minute or until it is firm in the middle (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Top with some more sliced banana and enjoy warm
Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
You can mix the muffin up the night before
Oat flour is rolled Oats that have been blended in a food processor to resemble flour
You can use whole wheat or white flour either
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.