This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
These Pecan Pie Egg Rolls are not your traditional Egg Rolls; they are nothing like the savory ones you find at a takeaway restaurant. But we are making desserts with these egg roll wrappers, filling them with delicious flavors that remind me of the holidays.
The pecan filling is everything you love about Pecan Pie. Chopping the pecans as small as you can will make this filling more stable, and putting it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (or overnight) will thicken it and make it easier to work with.
When rolling up your fillings, use water or an egg wash to seal the edges of the wrappers. Put a piece of parchment or foil on your baking sheet for easier clean up.
Just a note: The egg roll wrappers are available in Asian Markets in the freezer section but I also put a link below to buy them online. Failing that you can always use filo pastry or puff pastry.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Pecan Pie Dessert Egg Roll
- 1 ½ tablespoons (41g/1½ oz) butter, melted
- ⅔ cups (85g/3 ¼ oz) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⅓ cup (120g / 4oz) pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 12 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 egg , scrambled for eggwash
- Cinnamon sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Take bowl out and mix with a spoon
- Scoop two heaping tablespoons onto egg roll wrapper and fold sides over to secure the filling in the middle. The filling can be quite runny, so use a dab of water to glue the wrapper to itself to hold it together.
- Place rolls on baking sheet and brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake at 375oF (190oC) for 15 minutes.