This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
When you think of egg rolls, you typically think of a savory side dish you find at a Chinese restaurant. But today we are making desserts with these egg roll wrappers, filling them with delicious flavors that remind me of the holidays (just in time!). I think you’ll find these egg rolls to be flaky, crunchy, and a perfect vessel for these holiday fillings like my Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls.
The pumpkin filling will remind you of delicious pumpkin pie, but now it’s contained in this light, crispy egg roll. Feel free to use your homemade pumpkin puree instead of the canned pumpkin if you have some in your cupboard. The smell of the baking will fill your home with holiday spirit.
When rolling up your fillings, use water or an egg wash to seal the edges of the wrappers. Put a piece of parchment or foil on your baking sheet for easier clean up.
Just a Note: The egg roll wrappers are available in Asian Markets in the freezer section but I also put a link below to buy them online. Failing that you can always use filo pastry or puff pastry.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Pumpkin Pie Dessert Egg Rolls
- 1 egg
- ½ can (15oz) tinned pumpkin puree conversion
- ¼ cup (2oz) brown sugar conversion
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 12 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 egg , scrambled for egg wash
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a bowl, combine ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Scoop two heaping tablespoons onto wrapper and fold sides over to secure the filling in the middle. The filling can be quite runny, so use a dab of water to glue the wrapper to itself to hold it together.
- Place rolls on baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake at 375oF (190C) for 15 minutes.