Hi Bold Bakers!
Do you know how many ways you can enjoy pizza? The answer is as many as you want!! That’s why I’m adding Pizza Scones to my Pizza repertoire. We have made Pizza in a Mug, Pizza Pop-Tarts, Pizza Monkey Bread and of course, my Best-Ever Pizza Dough. Growing up in Ireland, it makes perfect sense I would try my hand at Pizza Scones.
These scones are very similar to American style biscuits. They are buttery, soft and oh so delicious. Biscuits by themselves are lovely, so just imagine how insanely good they will be stuffed with cheese, pepperoni and all the incredible pizza flavor.
These Pizza Scones make great snacks but they are an even better compliment to dinner time or served with a bowl of soup at lunch time. Or you could just do what I did which was inhale three of them while we took our photos for this recipe post.
- 3 cups (16oz/ 450g) all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ sticks (6oz/170g) butter, frozen
- 2 cups (4½ oz/) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Pepperoni, chopped small
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 2 cups (16oz / 500g) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC). Line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch together.
- Grate in the frozen butter into the dry ingredients. Frozen butter gives you light, fluffy scone.
- Grate in the cheese. Follow by the chopped pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs. Mix all of these ingredients together lightly. take care not to over mix and it can toughen your dough.
- Add in the buttermilkand mix until combined. The amount of buttermilk might vary. If you need a little more to create a wet batter then add a little more.
- Using a ⅓ measuring cup (or a large spoon) scoop the scones mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. This mix yields you roughly 12 big scones.
- Bake the scones for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are puffed and golden brown.
- Serve straight away fresh from the oven.
- Storage: Can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days. They also freeze really well.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
10 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.