Hi Bold Bakers!
I think we can all agree that a love for Pizza is one thing we all have in common. It wasn’t hard to come up with this Pizza Pop-Tart recipe. I just took everything that is awesome about a pizza and wrapped it in pastry! Once you have your Puff Pastry to hand for this recipe you are halfway there with these Pizza Savory Pop-Tarts. Now, you can stick to my delicious recipes or come up with your own Big & Bold variations. Whatever you decide, just know you can keep on going until the pastry runs out. Be sure to share your favorite flavors here on my website or my social media.
I like to think of myself as a bit of an innovator when it comes to Pizza. I have taken some of my favorite recipes and “Pizzafied” (TM pending) them. Recipes like Mug Pizza, Pizza Monkey Bread and now I can add Pizza Pop-Tarts to that list.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface until ¼ - ½ inch thick.
- With a pizza cutter or knife cut your pastry to 3inch x 4inch rectangles. You will need 2 for each pop tarts.
- On one piece of pastry, spoon a little Pizza sauce. You only need a little as too much will run out of the Pop-Tart once baked.
- Sprinkle over grated cheese, pepperoni and dried herbs.
- Egg wash the edges of the pastry around the filling, lay on the top layer and seal the 2 pieces together with a fork. Egg wash the top of the Pop-Tart, this will give your Pop-Tart a lovely golden color. Prick the top with a fork to release steam while baking.
- Bake at 400oF (200oC) for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm from the oven.
- You can freeze the Pop-Tarts raw and then bake from frozen when needed.
- Egg wash: whisk up an egg yolk with 4 tablespoons of milk and brush over pastry
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
1 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.