Hi Bold Bakers! I know you love Red Velvet desserts so this week I’m making a BIG & BOLD Red Velvet Lava Cake that I think you’ll really enjoy. So let’s get baking!
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 2 sticks(8oz/225g) butter
- 1 cup (200g/7oz) sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ / 2 tbsp red liquid food coloring
- ¼ Cup (1oz / 27g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cups (100g/ 3 ½ oz) all-purpose flour
- confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- Set a rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Melt the butter and white chocolate in the top of a double boiler or microwave gently.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl.When doubled in size and fluffy slowly add in the vanilla extract and sugar bit by bit. Keep whisking until fully incorporated.
- While the machine is running, Add in the red food coloring, vanilla and melted chocolate mixture.
- Off the machine, sieve the cocoa, flour and cinnamon over the eggs mix. Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the batter and stir until just combined.
- Butter your dishes or mugs really well. Divide the batter evenly among them . I scooped 1 Cup measure in each mug .It makes 6 in total.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet and bake until the sides of the cake are set but the centers are still soft, around 18 to 22 minutes. every oven varies so just keep an eye on it. If you take it out and it’s too soft in the middle, don’t worry, pop it back in the oven.
- Let the cakes rest for 5 minutes, then invert them onto dessert plates.
- Serve the cakes immediately with ice cream and dusted with sugar.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
3 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.