This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
If we haven’t met yet, I’m Gemma Stafford, professional chef and host of Bigger Bolder Baking, and I’m proud to be a brand ambassador for GoodCook. I’m really excited to show you my recipe for Pink Velvet Cupcakes featuring some of my favorite GoodCook products from the Sweet Creations line.
My mini Pink Velvet Cupcakes look like they were made and decorated by a pro, but I promise, they are really easy to make. The cupcakes are soft and tender, thanks to my secret tip of adding buttermilk. I like to color my Pink Velvet Cupcakes with my natural food dye made from beets, or beet powder, but feel free to use whatever food coloring you like. I mix up the sweet batter and spoon it into my 24 Cup Bake Perfect Mini Muffin Pan by Sweet Creations for perfect results. I like this pan because of its non-stick surface so you don’t need to spray it and it has a channeled surface which ensures your treats bake evenly.
Everyone knows the best part of any cake is the frosting and it is no different with cupcakes. These Pink Velvet Cupcakes are topped off with not just any frosting, but my rich Best Ever Cream Cheese Frosting, and I don’t stop there! I simply fill my Oodle Tip Disposable Decorating Bag with my frosting, cut the tip to my desired shape (a medium-sized star tip in this case) and then just pipe away. Also, I love to use my Sweet Creations Chocolate Decorating Pen to take these beauties to the next level. This kitchen tool is so useful as it makes difficult cake decorating as easy as writing with a pen. Fill the pen with chocolate and write away. You can just doodle – hearts, flowers, words, you name it. Now you see you don’t have to be a pro cake decorator to get amazing results.
My finished Pink Velvet Cupcakes are sure to put a smile on your Valentine’s face. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Pink Velvet Cupcakes for Valentine's Day
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (3oz/90g) white Chocolate , melted
- pink food coloring , optional
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC) and line your Sweet Creations Bake Perfect 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan with liners, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl using a hand or stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly alternate between adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the liners filling them about 2/3 of the way. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Be sure not to over bake to keep that pink color. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before removing from the pan and decorating.
- Reduce speed to low and add sugar. Beat on low speed until combined. Add vanilla extract to combine. Increase speed to medium and beat frosting until smooth and fluffy. If your cream cheese frosting is not thick enough, place in fridge for 20 minutes to an hour until firm enough to pipe.
- Prepare your chocolate decoration: In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate by microwaving in 30 second intervals, be sure not to overheat as this can cause the white chocolate to become lumpy.
- Once melted, transfer the chocolate into your Sweet Creations Decorating Pen.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper draw with your decorating pen, creating any design you like, I drew small hearts. Note that if you'd like to color your chocolate decoration you can mix in food coloring before transferring it to your decorating pen.
- Allow your chocolate drawings to fully set in the refrigerator before peeling away from the parchment paper with and offset spatula. Note these can be very delicate and should be handled lightly.
- Assemble your finished cupcakes: Fill the Oodle Tip Disposable Decorating bag with the cream cheese frosting and snip the tip to the size you like, I cut mine to be a medium sized star tip.
- Pipe your cream cheese frosting in a circular motion around the cupcakes outer edge working your way to the center in a spiral motion.
- Once all of the mini cupcakes are frosted carefully place your chocolate decorations on the top.
- Cupcakes can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Get more Valentine’s Day desserts including my Caramel Filled Chocolates!