This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
I dare you to try to think of a more decadent dessert than this white chocolate truffle cheesecake. This recipe yields a treat that can only be described as “heavenly.” You’ll be catching everyone trying to sneak extra bites of this cheesecake for sure.
This cheesecake is super creamy and luscious — and it’s infused with the sweet taste and silky texture of white chocolate ganache. I know white chocolate can be somewhat polarizing when it comes to people’s sweet tooths, but I think even anti-white chocolate people will be surprised by how much they love this cake.
The crust serves as the perfect compliment to that silky white chocolate — I make this cheesecake with a crumbly cookie crust. You can use either Graham crackers or vanilla wafers, but if you want to introduce some chocolate into your cheesecake, use chocolate Graham crackers!
What Is White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake?
Instead of a typical cheesecake, which of course, is also delicious, this recipe adds finely chopped white chocolate to the mix. It’s a simple addition, but it completely changes the flavor profile.
Beyond flavor, though, it somehow makes the absolute smoothest, silkiest cheesecake known to man.
What You Need To Make White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
How To Make White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
This cheesecake just has a few added steps compared to traditional cheesecake, but certainly, nothing to break a sweat over. Here’s how you make it — and get the full printable recipe with measurements further down the page:
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Press the cookie crust firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan and set aside.
- Combine the white chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate has melted. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- Using a mixer or a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream together until it becomes smooth.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. Stir until it is all fully incorporated.
- Then, whisk in the white chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Pour onto the cookie crust.
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven for 40-45 minutes. You want the edges to be set but for the middle to still be slightly jiggly.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool for about 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake from the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely at room temperature, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, release the sides of the springform pan and transfer the cake to a serving plate.
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips For Making White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
- You can make a chocolate cookie crust by using an equal amount of chocolate Graham crackers or wafer cookies. Use my Cookie Crust as the base.
- Use only good-quality white chocolate for this recipe. Don’t use white chocolate chips, which don’t often contain any cocoa butter and it won’t melt properly.
- Make sure that your cream cheese is room temperature, or your batter will be lumpy.
- This cheesecake doesn’t contain any eggs – the cornstarch provides the structure. But because of this, unlike a cheesecake made with eggs, it won’t freeze well.
- This cheesecake would be delicious topped with lemon curd or macerated berries of your choice!
How Do I Store White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake?
You can keep any leftover cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This recipe uses cornstarch instead of eggs, sadly, this cheesecake doesn’t freeze well.
Don’t Miss More Cheesecake Recipes
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Plus, SUBSCRIBE NOW to the Bold Baking Academy for exclusive in-depth baking courses, The Baking Concierge™, and the Bold Baking Academy Community!