Hi Bold Bakers!
We are mixing things up this Easter and having our cake for breakfast! I’m going to show you an insane recipe for thick and fluffy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! They are everything you love about delicious Carrot Cake but now you can eat them for breakfast!
Some of you may not know but I had a breakfast catering business in San Francisco where I would make these ridiculous, over-the-top breakfasts. A lot of Bigger Bolder Baking recipes were inspired from that time, like my Red Velvet Pancakes and Churro Waffles and of course these Carrot Cake Pancakes.
So how do you make a Perfect Pancake? You know those thick and fluffy American Pancakes you have had in restaurants but can’t seem to make them the same at home. I know the tips and tricks, and it’s in this video for Perfect Pancakes. I did a whole video on how to make the most amazing pancakes because I think everyone should know how easy it is. Follow my steps and you will have great success every time.
Carrot Cake Pancakes are moist and soft, just like the cake.
They are a beautiful orange color and like the cake the flavor of carrot is mild, but still delicious.
Carrot Cake Pancakes paired with Cream Cheese Frosting really brings the whole Carrot Cake experience together.
- 1 ¼ cup (6oz/180g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Cup (1 ½ oz / 45g) brown sugar*
- 1 ¼ cup (10oz/280g) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup (5 ½ /150g) carrots, peeled chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ pack (4 oz/115g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup (2floz/ 115g) cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender add in chopped carrots and pulse until fine.
- To the carrots, add the vanilla, egg, milk, raisins and pulse until well blended and the mix turns orange. The mix will get thick.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar.
- Add the carrot mixture and oil to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Don't over-mix or your pancakes will end up flat and tough.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. It’s important to have a steady medium heat for cooking pancakes. When griddle is hot, add a little butter.
- Scoop a big spoonful of batter onto the griddle. Cook on first side until bubbles form all over the top of the pancake and the edges begin to change color. These bubbles are important to hold up your pancake.
- Flip pancake and cook 1 to 2 minutes on second side.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting: Place the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Beat the ingredients until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add in the cream and continue to beat until the mix thickens, around 2 minutes.
- Serve a big dollop of the Cream Cheese Frosting on top of your pancakes, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle over some toasted walnuts. Everything combined makes the most incredible stack of pancakes.
If you have any left over, you can always wrap them in foil and heat them up in a low oven.
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.