This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Start your week off right with my new Bold Baking Breakfast series. In this week’s episode I’m making lovely Bacon & Cheddar Cornmeal Waffles, which are a great addition to any menu. So let’s get Bold Breakfast Baking!
Watch the rest of my Bold Baking Breakfast Limited Series:
Follow Bigger Bolder Baking on Pinterest!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Bacon & Cheddar Cornmeal Waffles
- 1 ½ cups (12oz/340g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (12oz/340g) fine cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups (20floz/600g) whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons (2 ½ oz/75g) butter,melted
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) sweetcorn (tinned or frozen)
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup (6oz/180g) cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) chopped scallions
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- MIx together the dry in a separate bowl
- Add dry to wet and mix gently along with the bacon, onions, cheese and sweet corn.
- Mix the batter together until just combined, then incorporate the room temperature melted butter taking care not to overmix the batter from this point.
- Cook in a waffle iron for roughly 3 minutes. Like I said if you don’t have a waffle machine fry them off just like pancakes and they will still be great
- Serve with bacon, scallions and even scramble eggs on top if you wish.
- If you have leftover pancakes wrap them up in foil and reheat them in the oven the next day and they will be lovely.