Hi Bold Bakers!
If there ever was a reason to celebrate this is it! We reached another HUGE milestone on Bigger Bolder Baking and surpassed 1,500,000 subscribers on YouTube.
To mark this joyous event in true Big and Bold fashion I made this Celebration Mug Cake. It might be the most over the top, colorful, not to mention festive Mug Cake yet. And if the Mug Cake recipe wasn’t enough I crafted a sign covered in sprinkles just so we are all clear that this is a party in a mug. Get this recipe below!
In Ireland we have are famous for saying “Thanks a million” or in Irish “Go raibh míle maith agaibh.” I can’t say this enough to each and every one of you for building such an amazing community of Bold Bakers! This milestone is just the beginning for us.
Gemma, Kevin and Waffles
Share your Celebration Mug Cake Photos with Me!
When you share your Celebration Mug Cake Photos, I’ll post them below for the world to see!
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk (or dairy free milk)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoons flavorless oil (sunflower, vegetable or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon Funfetti sprinkles
- In a microwavable mug whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add in the milk, vanilla and oil and mix until just combined. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Microwave for roughly 1 minute - 1 minute 10 seconds or until firm to the touch (timing is based on my Panasonic Inverter Microwave which is 1200 Watts so your timing may vary).
- Serve warm with frosting, ice cream or cream. Enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
118 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.