Hi Bold Bakers!
When it comes to frozen desserts, you just can’t go wrong with a Banana Split. It’s probably no secret that over the years I’ve created some pretty spectacular banana split recipes, such as my Banana Split Ice Cream Cake or my Banana Split Frappuccino. The combination of ice cream, chocolate, strawberries, bananas, and a cherry on top makes for an almost perfect treat.
While I don’t know a single person that wouldn’t want to dive straight into one if it was put in front of them, it seems like the sad truth is that sometimes we just don’t have the time to make this over-the-top ice cream sundae. Well, what if I told you that you could have a simplified, and even healthier version of a Banana Split right now? While it may seem like I’m joking, I never joke when it comes to dessert. Because of this, I present to you all my Banana Split Popsicles!
After rethinking how to make this nostalgic dessert, I got an idea that made a lot of sense. I simply combined greek yogurt, frozen banana and fresh strawberries into one super yummy popsicle! While most people would probably just leave it there, I decided to go all out.
After just a few hours in the freezer, I top this baby off with the works. Because I wanted my popsicle to be like a real sundae, I dip these popsicles into lots of chocolate and coat them in colorful sprinkles. After topping it off with whipped cream, I complete this frozen treat with a cherry on top. As a result, I have created beautiful Banana Split Popsicles for the world to enjoy!
My Banana Split Popsicles are fun and easy to make, while still being super colorful and impressive. Not to mention, they’re a healthier alternative to the real thing. As a result (and I somewhat hate to say it,) I don’t think anyone who tries this recipe will miss regular Banana Splits ever again!
Get more of my 5 Best Popsicles for Summer!
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium bananas
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup (21/2oz/75g) diced strawberries, fresh
- 1 cup (6oz/180g) chocolate, chopped and melted
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Whipped cream for topping
- Maraschino cherries for topping
- In a blender or food processor combine, yogurt, milk, sugar and bananas until smooth.
- Transfer the banana mixture into a large jug with a spout and mix the diced strawberries (be careful not to over mix as this will turn your mixture pink)
- Pour into popsicle molds, insert your popsicle sticks and freeze for 4-6 hours until solid or overnight.
- To remove from the molds run under warm water for about 5 seconds and gently pull on the popsicle stick to release.
- Before serving melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted and smooth, Allow to cool.
- Once the chocolate has cooled but is still liquid, dip each popsicle in the chocolate, then the sprinkles.
- Allow to set slightly and serve immediately. Store in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.