Hi Bold Bakers!
Trifles are not only impressive looking desserts but they are incredibly easy to make. This Chocolate Fudge Brownie & Raspberry Trifle is layer upon layer of rich, decadent chocolate that will knock your socks off!
I love trifle because of all the layers of flavor and texture. This trifle has Fudgy Brownie, Chocolate Mousse, Whipped Cream and Raspberries; all different textures and flavors that compliment each other well.
The brownie recipes I use religiously is called “Best Ever Fudge Brownie Recipe“ because that’s what it is. In all of my years of working as a pastry chef it is the best I have ever come across.
My easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe doesn’t contain raw eggs or gelatin which is a request I get a lot from viewers. It is mainly rich 72% chocolate, cream cheese, and cream and whipped together. It’s a really quick recipe to make and you still get a light mousse but without eggs or gelatin.
Layers of whipped cream and fresh raspberries break up the richness of the chocolate. The cream compliments the other flavors becasue the fat cuts the sweetness.
This Chocolate & Raspberry Trifle is not for the faint of heart. It’s a statement to how much you love chocolate.
This dessert delivers on two levels because it does taste as good as it looks.
Bake your brownies off in advance so you have them ready to go for assembly.
This is a perfect dessert for a dinner party because you can assemble it early in the day, or even the day before.
The flavors in the trifle just get better as it rests so give it some time before you eat it.
- 1 Best Ever Fudge Brownie recipe, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup (6oz/180g) dark chocolate
- 1 pack (8oz/225g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups (16floz/500ml) whipping cream
- 2 cups (12oz/360g) raspberries
- 2 cups (16floz/500ml) whipping cream
- Bake the Brownies as directed. The Brownies can be made up to 24 hours in advance of making your trifle.
- For the Easy Chocolate Mousse: In a bowl gently melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a Ban Marie. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer whip up the cream cheese until loosened and no lumps.
- Pour in the cream and continue whipping until the mixture becomes thick. This is the base for your mousse.
- Take a spoonful of the cream cheese and quickly mix it into the melted chocolate then swiftly fold the chocolate mixture into the rest of the cream cheese. You will want to do this fast because the chocolate will start to stiffen quickly once added to the creamy mix.
- Once the melted chocolate is fully incorporated place in the fridge until needed. It will last for up to 3 days.
- Whip the second measurement of cream until it reaches soft peaks. No need to add any sugar or flavor to it. Set in the fridge until needed. If it goes soft while resting you can whip it up again to stiffen.
- Begin layering trifle: Lay half the brownie cubes into a 4-quart glass bowl or trifle dish. Compress slightly so there are no gaps.
- Spread half the chocolate mousse over brownies.
- Top mousse with the raspberries and half the whipped cream.
- Repeat layering and garnish with chocolate curls or cocoa powder and serve.
- This trifle can be made hours in advance or refrigerate up to overnight until serving.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.