Hi Bold Bakers!
Everyone’s brownie needs are different. I need fudgy, where as some need chewy. I do not discriminate against the chewy brownie. I too will dabble and from time to time partake in its chewy goodness but more often than not I’m a fudgy girl.
Most recently, I made an insane No-Bake Fudge Brownie Cheesecake using my Best Ever Fudge Brownie Recipe. Just imagine a brownie crust, chocolatey cream cheese center and more brownies and chocolate on top. Watch the video below!
Some baking tips to know about brownies is that over mixing the batter can make them cakey.
Over baking can dry out the fudgy center so err on the side of caution while baking.
Brownies freeze really well once baked. Pop them in the freezer and have them to hand for sundaes, or just Saturdays.
Always eat the brownie warmed up so you can appreciate its full fudgy decadence. I pop them in the microwave until heated through.
Get my NEW Best Ever Brownie recipe!
Learn how to make this homemade Fudge Brownie Recipe and you'll always create the fudgiest chocolate brownies that you can use for a variety of my recipes.
- 1¼ cups (6 ¼ oz/ 190g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder , sifted
- 11 ounces (310g) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups (12oz/340g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (4oz/ 112g) light brown sugar
- 5 eggs , at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Butter the sides and bottom of a 9x13-inch and line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together and set aside.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl and melt it gently in the microwave or set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool a little.
- Add the sugars to the melted chocolate. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla in a jug together. Add a little of the eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until combined. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes (just 30, no more no less).
- Let the brownies cool completely, then lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
12 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.