Hi Bold Bakers!
Sprinkles to a baker are just another one of our tools to make our desserts even more fabulous! Sprinkles come in all colors and shapes, but we never think that they can made from anything other than just sugar.
Recently, I covered the top of my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake with Cookie Sprinkles! Yes you read that right. My cheesecake was layer upon layer of cookie so I wanted to make sure that even the decoration was a cookie. When I pick a theme, I commit to it.
Essentially they are teenie tiny Cookies but I prefer Cookie Sprinkle. I saw the idea for Cookie Sprinkles on Just Putzing Around The Kitchen . I just can’t believe I never thought of a Cookie Sprinkle myself!
The cookie dough is my recipe for The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie. Not to boast but it is hands down the BEST cookie dough I have ever made.
Use these Cookie Sprinkles to spruce up any cake, cupcake, or dessert! They will be most welcomed.
- 2 Tbsp (1oz/30g) butter
- 3 Tbsp light-brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp whisked egg*
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda (this is a ½ of a ¼ tsp)
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl and melt
- To the melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, egg, vanilla, flour and baking soda. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- With the spoon, scoop tiny scoops of dough. Roughly you will only get around 1 chocolate chip per cookie. That's how small they should be. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, until cookie is lightly golden.
- Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container for 4 days.
*If you don’t have brown sugar you can use white
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.