This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
One of my favorite “CRAZY” recipes has been Crazy Cookie Dough! For those who don’t know, what makes my “Crazy” recipes so outrageous is that they utilize one base recipe that is then divided up to make as many flavor variations as you can dream up. After the success of my crazy cookies, I thought this Summer would be the perfect time to share this Crazy No-Bake Cookies recipe. Made of a super simple base of peanut butter, honey, and oat flour, these ingredients come together to form the perfect No-Bake Cookie base.
A bit like Play-Doh, it’s easy to shape and work with and has a moist texture and sweet flavor. From flavors like White Chocolate and Raspberry to Double Chocolate, if you can dream it, you can do it when it comes to N0-Bake Cookies! These are the perfect thing to make with kids, friends, and family.
My No-Bake Cookies Are Too Dry — What Happened?
When you first mix up the dough, it’s important to make sure all of the oat flour has absorbed into the wet ingredients. Once it does, you’ll be left with a malleable dough that is not too wet or too dry. If for any reason your dough seems a bit crumbly or dry when working with it, not to worry! Simply work in a tiny bit of warm honey and nut butter. This will loosen the mix right up.
Can I Freeze No-Bake Cookie Dough?
Since this dough is no-bake and has no dairy or eggs, it freezes and thaws really well! This makes them a great make-ahead treat. If using from frozen just thaw the dough at room temperature and work as normal. If you’d like the process to go even faster you can even give it a spin in the microwave to help it soften up.
Can I Bake No-Bake Cookies?
I would not suggest baking this dough, it really was created to be eaten as is. What holds it together is all the moisture in the honey and peanut butter. If you were to bake these cookies, they might dry up.
How Do I Store No-Bake Cookies?
My No-Bake Crazy Cookies can be covered and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Eat them straight from the fridge or allow it to come to room temperature and enjoy!
How Long Will No-Bake Cookies Last?
These cookies will keep really well for up to 7 days, maybe even longer.
Tips and Tricks to Making No-Bake Crazy Cookies:
- If you cannot find oat flour you can make your own using this method
- If you cannot eat oats, you can replace the oat flour with almond flour
- If you don’t have honey you can use maple syrup or agave
- Add in any dried fruit, nuts, white or dark chocolate for any flavor combination you like
- Add in an extract or flavor for additional layers of flavor
Get more Cookie Recipes!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Crazy No-Bake Cookies Recipe: One Easy No-Bake Cookie Recipe with Endless Flavor Variations!
Crazy No Bake Cookie Dough Base
ADD-INS (per cookie, start with 1/4 cup No Bake Cookie Dough for each one):
- 1 tablespoon nutella
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, toasted & chopped
Chocolate & Peanut Butter:
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, toasted & chopped
- A pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar (1 tablespoon of sugar & a pinch of cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon M & Ms, or candy of your choice
White Chocolate and Raspberry:
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried raspberries, crushed (or dried fruit of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl melt together the peanut butter and honey, this should take roughly 1 minute. Add the vanilla and whisk until evenly combined and smooth.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the dough and add it to a small bowl. At this point add your desired add-ins into the dough.
- After your add-ins are fully incorporated, gently press the ball of dough between your palms to form a flat disc about 1/2 inch thick. Place the cookie onto the lined cookie sheet and repeat the process until all of the dough has been used. Chill the cookies for 30 minutes to set.
- Cover and store the no-bake crazy cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.