Enjoy my Mexican Fried Ice Cream recipe featuring all of the flavor and none of the mess!
Hi Bold Bakers!
This has to be one of the simplest yet boldest recipes I’ve created yet! You may have seen Fried Ice Cream on the menu in one of your favorite restaurants and found yourself wondering, “How do you make fried ice cream at home?”
WATCH MY RECIPE VIDEO
Can you Fry Ice Cream without Frying?
I’m so excited to show you all the tricks that go into making a “fried” ice cream dessert! My version of this fried ice cream consists of a thick crunchy crust and a perfectly cold creamy ice cream interior, all without the hassle of dealing with messy splattering oil. So, what’s my secret? Well, it’s a mock deep-fried tasting crust that’s made up of crushed and sautéed corn flakes cereal!
How to Make Fried Ice Cream (No Fry Version)
You start out by pre-scooping your ice cream (either store-bought or my two ingredient, Homemade Ice Cream recipe) and popping it into the freezer while mixing up your crust layer. It only takes a few minutes, since all you have to do is crush up your already crunchy corn flakes and then lightly sauté them with a bit of butter, sugar and cinnamon.
You end up with a nutty golden brown & crunchy mixture, which perfectly coats your scoops of ice cream (and would also be super yummy on top of so many other desserts!).
After a few quick rolls in the corn flake mixture, your normal, everyday scoop of ice cream is transformed into something impressive and delicious to eat.
This is great simply on its own, or it can be made even Bolder by making it into an over-the-top sundae, complete with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a cherry on top! Enjoy!
Enjoy more Homemade Ice Cream Recipes:
- 2 cups (3oz/90g) Corn Flake cereal, crushed
- ½ cup (4oz/120g) Butter
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Line a small tray with parchment paper.
- Pre-scoop and form ice cream into approx 2½″ balls
- Place in the freezer to firm up while making the corn flake mixture.
- Pulse corn flakes in food processor to crush into fine crumbs.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat, then stir in crushed corn flakes and cinnamon and cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
- Transfer the corn flake crumbs into a shallow dish and allow to cool.
- Once cooled place ice cream ball into mixture and roll to evenly coat.
- Press corn flake mixture around outer surface if a thicker coating is desired.
- Garnish with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and cherries.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.