Hi Bold Bakers!
I am excited to share this recipe for Gingerbread Ice Cream with you. This year when Christmas rolls around, instead of serving up that expected pumpkin or pecan pie, your friends and family will absolutely love this indulgent Gingerbread Ice Cream. I don’t know about you but oftentimes around the holidays I end up with all kinds of extra cookies, nuts, spices, and purees. Instead of letting it all sit in my cupboard until next year I love to make my classic No-Machine Ice Cream base and add in what I have on hand. This Gingerbread Ice Cream is the perfect way to put those extra gingerbread cookies to use!
Just like all my other No Machine Ice Cream recipes, this one starts with just 2 ingredients you probably already have, heavy fresh dairy cream, and sweetened condensed milk. After whipping up the no fuss Ice Cream base, the flavor takes a holiday turn. I crushed up gingerbread men I had leftover, and added them to my ice cream. Feel free to throw in any extra cookie crumbs you have around, and that includes your gingerbread house.
After the gingerbread crumbs are mixed into the vanilla base it is transformed into something so rich, comforting, and full of that gingerbread flavor we all associate with the holidays! I can’t wait for you to give this a try!
Have you seen my Holiday Baking Headquarters page? There you’ll find every recipe you could possibly need for the Holidays, from Easy Sugar Cookies to my Best-Ever Pecan Pie. Plus, get more Holiday Ice Cream flavors including Gingerbread Men and Cookies for Santa Ice Cream.
- 14 ounce (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml) heavy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup ( 3 1/2oz/135g) crushed gingerbread cookies
- Beat cold heavy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
- Then, turn up the machine speed again and whip until your mixture is thick and to stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base add in your gingerbread cookie crumbs.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight before scooping and serving.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.