Hi Bold Bakers!
This year instead of trying to cut down on sweets I’m satisfying my cravings in a whole new way, by creating healthy and nutritious home made sweets like these Healthy Brownies!
After the holiday season I think we all feel the need to lighten up. While this is great in theory I find that no matter what time of year my sweet tooth seems to take the reins. Short on time but in need of a sweet treat and trying to stay healthy? Then these Healthy Brownies are for you.
If you ask me a brownie is the ultimate dessert, it’s a single serving of chocolate heaven. This satisfying and super simple recipe ticks all the boxes. These No Bake Healthy Brownies are actually good good for you made of wholesome ingredients, free from refined sugars, flour, gluten and egg. They’re even good for breakfast, afternoon snacks and everything in between! I don’t know what is better about this recipe, the rich fudgy texture or the fact that they can be made in a food processor in under 10 minutes flat!
To make the base of these brownies you simply combine soft sweet dates, fiber rich flax, almond flour and cocoa powder. After a quick whiz together these healthy ingredients form the base of my no bake, vegan, Healthy Brownies. This mixture gets pressed into a loaf tin the popped in the fridge while I whip up the chocolate glaze.
I bet you’ve never had a chocolate frosting like this, made of coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup. After the brownie base sets in the fridge I pour over the chocolate glaze, allow it to set and DIG IN. These No-Bake Healthy Brownies give traditional brownies a run for their money so enjoy!
Get more Bold Baking Guilt Free Desserts including my Healthy Nutella & Chocolate and Oat No Bake Cookies.
- 3/4 cup (3 3/4oz/106g) pitted dates (very soft or soaked in warm water for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (11/3oz/40g) flax seeds
- 1/4 cup (1oz/28g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (1oz/28g) almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1/4 cup (2floz/57ml) melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder , sifted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line a 5 x 9 inch loaf tin with parchment paper and set aside
- In a food processor combine the flax, almond flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Once mixed add in the soft dates and pulse until the mixture comes together into a sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough to the loaf tine and press down into one even layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes while making the chocolate glaze
- To make the chocolate glaze: melt the coconut oil in the microwave until it turns liquid.
- Once liquid add the cocoa powder and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- After the brownies have set in the fridge for 30 minutes pour the glaze over it, and allow to set in the fridge for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the loaf tin, slice into 12 squares and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
1 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.