This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Lining baking pan is something I am no stranger to. I have worked as a pastry chef for over 10 years so as you can imagine I have lined my fair share of trays.
When lining round tins it can be tricky because the parchment paper comes off a roll in sheets, not rounds. So what to do?
One option to get the parchment to fit your tin is draw a circle around the circumference of your tin. Now this is accurate however you do end up wasting quite a bit of paper, and let’s face it, parchment paper isn’t cheap.
So, we don’t like waste and we like easy technique to make our lives easier. Below in my short video I have a few easy steps showing you how to create the perfect circle of parchment leaving you with very little paper left over.
How to Line a Round Pan:
- Tear off a sheet of parchment. Tear or cut off a sheet of parchment just slightly bigger than the cake pan.
- Fold the parchment in half. Fold the parchment in half from the bottom to the top.
- Fold the parchment in half again. This time, fold the parchment in half from right to left so that it now more closely resembles a square.
- Fold a triangle. Fold the square into a triangle by folding up from left to right.
- Fold the triangle in half again. Fold up again from left to right to make an even smaller triangle.
- Hold the triangle against the pan. Find the corner of the triangle where the center of the paper will be once it’s unfolded. This is your center point. Place this corner in the middle of the cake pan and hold the parchment right where it hits the edge of the pan.
- Cut the parchment. Using where you are holding the parchment as a guide, trim the triangle about 1/4-inch in from the edge of the pan.
- Unfold the parchment and you have a perfect round for your cake pan!
Did you like this baking tip? I have lots more short videos just like this one that will help you get baking confidently in the kitchen. Get more Bold Baking Basics.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, a cookbook author, and the creator of Bigger Bolder Baking. I want to help you bake with confidence anytime, anywhere with my trusted and tested recipes and baking tips. You may have seen one of my 500+ videos on YouTube & TikTok or as a guest judge on Nailed It! on Netflix or the Best Baker in America on Food Network. No matter your skills, my Bold Baking Team & I want to be your #1 go-to baking authority.