Hi Bold Bakers!
Lining baking pan is something I am no stranger to. I have worked as a pastry chef for over 10 years so as you can imagine I have lined my fair share of trays.
When lining round tins it can be tricky because the parchment paper comes off a roll in sheets, not rounds. So what to do?
One option to get the parchment to fit your tin is draw a circle around the circumference of your tin. Now this is accurate however you do end up wasting quite a bit of paper, and let’s face it, parchment paper isn’t cheap.
So, we don’t like waste and we like easy technique to make our lives easier. Below in my short video I have a few easy steps showing you how to create the perfect circle of parchment leaving you with very little paper left over.
How to Line a Round Pan:
- Tear off a sheet of parchment. Tear or cut off a sheet of parchment just slightly bigger than the cake pan.
- Fold the parchment in half. Fold the parchment in half from the bottom to the top.
- Fold the parchment in half again. This time, fold the parchment in half from right to left so that it now more closely resembles a square.
- Fold a triangle. Fold the square into a triangle by folding up from left to right.
- Fold the triangle in half again. Fold up again from left to right to make an even smaller triangle.
- Hold the triangle against the pan. Find the corner of the triangle where the center of the paper will be once it’s unfolded. This is your center point. Place this corner in the middle of the cake pan and hold the parchment right where it hits the edge of the pan.
- Cut the parchment. Using where you are holding the parchment as a guide, trim the triangle about 1/4-inch in from the edge of the pan.
- Unfold the parchment and you have a perfect round for your cake pan!
Did you like this baking tip? I have lots more short videos just like this one that will help you get baking confidently in the kitchen. Get more Bold Baking Basics.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.