Hi Bold Bakers!
One of my favorite savory breakfasts is a Breakfast Burrito. They are filling and full of things I love like eggs, cheese and wrapped up in a soft white tortilla. To be fair, if you wrapped an old boot in a tortilla I would put salsa on it, so to fill it with some of my breakfast favorites is just a no brainer.
My Burrito in a Mug is equally as good as one from a taqueria, except it will be cheaper and you are in control of what ingredients went in. You know those times you have leftover cooked sausage, rice or potatoes from last night’s dinner? Add those to your breakfast burrito. No waste and no fuss.
Breakfast has got to be the one meal that you never really know what you want or have the time to make it. I’m really bad at deciding what I want for breakfast, but one thing is for sure whatever it is I want it fast, and that’s why Mug Breakfasts are so great.
If oats are what float your boat(s), then you are going to want to try my Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal. It is a bowl of hot Oatmeal that tastes just like a Cinnamon Roll- 2 breakfast in 1, minus a few calories.
And if you want to go really Big & Bold with your breakfast then Pop Tart in a Mug is your guy. I heard it called “A game changer in this space” (ok it was me, I said that).
- 1 large 9 inch tortilla (flour or whole wheat)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons beans (pinto/black beans)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese , grated
- 2 tablespoons scallions , chopped
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- In a large microwavable mug press in a fresh tortilla. It will naturally fold into the shape of the mug and find its way.
- Crack in your eggs and whisk up with a fork, taking care not to tear the tortilla.
- Now add in your favorite burrito mixins like cheese, beans and scallions. Season with salt and pepper and mix all together. Whatever ingredients you have to hand will work great.
- Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds. Check, and if the eggs are still liquid, cook for another 15 -20 seconds. Keep an eye during cooking so the eggs don’t over heat. You don’t want an egg-plosition in your microwave. The cook time is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary.
- Once done, let it sit for 3 minutes to cool and serve with some sour cream and salsa on top. I like to eat a little out of the middles and then lift it out of the mug and roll it like a burrito.
Enjoy more Mug Meal Recipes!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
5 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.