Hi Bold Bakers!
So today I have a no bake frozen recipe for…Drum roll… your pets! That’s right, I’m so excited to share this recipe for Homemade Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats. Those of you who have pets can probably agree, making wholesome food for your best friends is just as fun and satisfying as sharing homemade treats with your friends and family. With this in mind I’ve whipped up 3 incredible no bake frozen dog treats.
I am a huge animal and dog lover. I grew up in Ireland with dogs and since moving to California, Kevin and I have been proud owners of the world’s sweetest pup, Waffles! My dog Waffles is a 4 year old, Terrier Lhasa Apso mix. We rescued him 3 years ago from a great facility here in Los Angeles called NKLA. This organization rescues dogs from high kill areas and gives them a better chance of survival and a better chance at finding their forever home. We are so grateful to have him.
These dog treats are made by simply blending together ripe banana, smooth peanut butter and rich yogurt. These treats are so good you might actually be tempted to eat them…and you can! I’m sure you can all imagine why your puppies will go nuts for these peanut butter and banana dog treats, but the best part is they are actually super healthy for your dog.
The main ingredient in these treats, yogurt, does wonders. High in calcium and protein, yogurts with active bacteria can act as a probiotic and are good for your dog’s digestive system just as they are for you. As for the peanut butter, this ingredient is a great source of protein and contains heart healthy fats, vitamin b and E!
These made in minutes wholesome treats will change the way you think about dog treats. I cannot wait for you to give this recipe a try, your puppies will thank you!
Buy the Dog Bone Mold I used for these recipes on Amazon.com!
- 1 cup (8oz/120g) plain yogurt (no sweetness or flavors)
- ½ cup (4oz/120g) peanut butter, smooth
- 1 ripe bananas
- In a small bowl mash up the banana until smooth and no lumps.
- Stir in the yogurt and peanut butter and mix until evenly combined.
- Spoon into dog bone molds (or ice cube trays). Fill evenly and smooth the top.
- Tap on the counter to ensure there are no air bubble and the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Freeze for a minimum of 5 hours or even overnight.
- To remove tap on the counter to loosen then turn out. If you have any trouble, quickly run the mold under warm water to help the treats release then turn out.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
1 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.