Sit by the beachside anytime with my tropical Piña Colada Popsicles. With creamy coconut and tart pineapple, these all-natural treats will keep you cool all summer long.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Any time is the right time for a piña colada – at least, it is in my opinion! What’s not to love about that sweet, tropical combination of creamy coconut and tart pineapple? You don’t need to have your feet in the sand or pay for expensive airfare to feel like you’re on vacation. With a beachside in mind, I created a healthy popsicle that transforms all of the best bits of our favorite smooth cocktail into a gorgeous handheld frozen dessert.
How Do You Make a Popsicle?
You wouldn’t believe how easy my homemade popsicles are to assemble given how lovely they look. Made with just 3 ingredients: coconut milk, honey and pureed pineapple, this fruit popsicle is a healthy summer snack your family and friends will go crazy for. Using my Sweet Creations Popsicle Maker Set I simply alternate freezing layers of honey-infused coconut milk and fresh pineapple puree. After I pop in my Sweet Creations 50 Count Pattern Wooden Popsicle Sticks, I set my Piña Colada Popsicles in the freezer for 6 hours. These Piña Colada Popsicles are quite possibly my favorite healthy snack idea for summer.
Making a Healthy Dessert
My Piña Colada Popsicles have no added sugar and are made of 3 all-natural ingredients that are accessible worldwide. The rich coconut milk is enhanced with just a touch of honey, and the pineapple is so sweet and tart on its own that it really needs nothing added to it to taste like a tropical vacation. With this winning combination, you’ll have an incredibly refreshing homemade popsicle that just so happens to be a truly healthy dessert.
How Long Can You Keep Popsicles in the Freezer?
My Piña Colada Popsicles can be made and kept in the freezer for up to 6 weeks. Longevity is one of my favorite things about this popsicle recipe. You and your family will enjoy these fruity tropical treats all summer long.
Be sure to check out my other popsicle recipes:
- 1 3/4 cup (14floz/395ml) coconut milk, 1 can
- 1 cup (5oz/142g) fresh or canned pineapple, pureed
- 1/4 cup (21/2oz/71g) honey
- Process your pineapple in a food processor or blender until you've reached a smooth puree, transfer to a small jug and set aside.
- Combine the honey and the coconut milk in a small jug.
- Next assemble your popsicle. Starting with the pineapple puree, fill 4 of the Sweet Creations Popsicle Maker Set with Wooden Sticks molds 1/4 of the way up. Place the mold in the freezer and allow the first layer if pineapple to set for roughly 30 minutes. Once frozen fill the molds up another 1/4 of the way up with the coconut milk mixture. Return to the freezer and freeze for an additional 30 minutes. Repeat this process until the entire mold has been filled.
- Lastly, gently insert the Sweet Creations 50 Count Pattern Wooden Popsicle Sticks.
- Freeze popsicles for a minimum of 6 hours.
- To remove from the mold simply allow to defrost for 5 -10 minutes then gently pull them from the setting. If you have any trouble getting the popsicles out, run them under hot water for 5-10 seconds then pull the popsicles out. Enjoy!
- These will keep for up to 6 weeks in the freezer.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.