Hi Bold Bakers! This week, I’m making Pumpkin Bread Pudding which is a perfect fall treat for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Plus, you’ll find links to two other great pumpkin recipes from Fifteen Spatulas and Honeysuckle Catering. So let’s get baking!
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 1 (1lb) loaf day old Bread (French, Italian, or Challah),
- 1/2 cup Raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup toasted , chopped Pecans
- 2 cup (16oz/ 450g) Heavy Cream
- 1 cup (8oz/ 225g) Milk
- 2 Cups 15oz (1can) Pumpkin Puree
- 1-1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoon (1 1/2oz) butter, melted
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice , or cinnamon (recipe below for pie spice)
- Praline Sauce
- (Video Recipe Reference: http://bit.ly/gemmaspumpkinchscake)
- 1 Cup (8oz/ 225g) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup (8oz/ 225g)Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup (8oz/ 225g)Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup (100g/ 3 ½ oz) Chopped Toasted Pecans
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
- In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Then lastly whisk in the melted butter.
- Cut your bread into small cubes. Small cubes are best because they soak up the liquid better.
- Add the bread, raisins and toasted pecans to your cold pumpkin custard and mix until well coated. Be sure to cover all the bread pieces. Let it sit for 30 minutes to soak or place it in the fridge over night to bake the next day.
- Generously butter a deep 9 x 13 baking dish
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350oF (180oC) for about 1 hour.
- To make your Pecan sauce: In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, brown sugar and pecans; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, Simmer until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Serve the bread pudding warm with your lovely pecan sauce on top and whipped cream. Enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.