Hi Bold Bakers!
It’s finally pumpkin season and that means plenty of amazing pumpkin recipes on Bigger Bolder Baking. First up, is a soft and creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake topped with my gorgeous Pecan Praline Sauce.
I feel like baked cheesecakes are a definite cold weather dessert. And of course pumpkin is a fall flavor, pair that with pecan sauce and you have a killer combo.
- 1 ¾ Cups (7.5oz/ 200g) graham crackers smashed into crumbs
- ½ Cup (4oz/120g). butter, melted
- 1 ½ lbs cream cheese (3x 8 oz packs), at room temperature
- 2 Cups (15oz/430g ) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1½ Cups (10 ½ oz/ 300g))sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (recipe below)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pecan Praline Sauce
- 1 Cup (8oz/ 225g) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup (8oz/ 225g)Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup (8oz/ 225g)Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup(100g/ 3 ½ oz) Chopped Toasted Pecans
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whipped cream to serve
- Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
- mix all together to make pumpkin pie spice
- For crust: Preheat oven to 425-degrees. In medium bowl, combine crumbs with the melted butter and mix until all crumbs become moist with butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set Aside in the fridge.
- For filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. on Medium speed slowly add the eggs and sugar until combined. Add the pumpkin puree, pie spice and vanilla. Beat together on High speed until well combined and thickened.
- Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350-degrees and bake for 55-60 minutes. It should have a slight giggle to it when it’s baked.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours minimum. Preferrably overnight
- For topping:
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, brown sugar and pecans; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, Simmer until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Spoon over cheesecake and serve with whipped cream.
- Enjoy this Big and Bold cheesecake!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
1 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.