Hi Bold Bakers!
Pumpkin Puree is called for in so many recipes when the Fall rolls around but it’s not always widely available, so what do we do we find ourselves in that situation? We make it ourselves!
All you need to make Homemade Pumpkin Puree is a Sugar Pumpkin, also known as a Pie Pumpkin. These are small orange pumpkins. This is what is traditionally used for pie making. If you use other pumpkins just note the flavor and texture may vary.
Great! You now know how to make it but where can I use it? I have you covered. Have you tried my Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls or my Pumpkin Pie in a Mug? These are fantastic recipes that are warm, spicy and scream Fall flavors.
Homemade pumpkin puree will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks and will keep in the freezer for 6 months. Then as you do your Holiday baking you will have Homemade Pumpkin Puree ready to go for sweet and even savory dishes.
- 2 sugar pumpkins (aka pie pumpkins)
- Preheat oven to 350oF / 180oC.
- Carefully cut each pumpkin and cut in half and cut the stems off.
- Scoop out the inside seeds with a spoon and discard or save for something else.
- Place the pumpkin halves cut side down on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Pop into the oven for roughly 1 hour or until a fork slides through easily.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit to cool. When they have cooled off, flip them over and scoop out the insides with a spoon.
- Place the insides into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate your puree or separate it into 1 cup portions, place into freezer safe containers and freeze.
- Homemade pumpkin puree will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks and pumpkin puree will keep in the freezer for 6 months so you can enjoy pumpkin desserts for months to come!
Homemade pumpkin puree will keep in the refrigerator for about a week and a half.
Homemade pumpkin puree will keep in the freezer for 6-8 months so you can enjoy pumpkin desserts for months to come!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
6 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.