Hi Bold Bakers!
As the holidays approach and most of us find ourselves reaching for our traditional pumpkin pie and sticky toffee pudding recipes I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to shake things up with my Pumpkin White Chocolate Lava Cake recipe. From the flavor combination of silky white chocolate and hearty sweet pumpkin, to that magic texture you can only get from a molten lava cake, this dessert has it all. The magic is that this is way easier than it sounds!
This Pumpkin and White Chocolate Molten Lava Cake has only 7 ingredients. It can be made in one bowl with no special equipment and makes the most adorable single serve dessert. Nothing will make your friends and family feel more special than their own little Pumpkin and White Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. If you’ve never had a lava cake it is the stuff of dreams. This Pumpkin White Chocolate Lava Cake features a warm pumpkin cake exterior with the gooiest white chocolate and Pumpkin center. While everyone will be expecting that same old pumpkin and apple stuff, this lava cake has a flavor and texture like nothing you’ve ever had. This recipe is designed to impress!
It is really simple to make. All you do is melt together white chocolate and butter. This mixture is what keeps this cake so rich and helps to form that molten lava center. Once you have prepared the White Chocolate Lava, it is a simple matter of combing egg yolks, a bit of flour, brown sugar and of course pumpkin puree. Something about the combination of brown sugar, Pumpkin and White Chocolate is absolutely magical. After the batter comes together you spoon it into a cupcake tin. No fussing around with ramekins, these bake up as perfect individual cakes using only a basic cupcake tin, and baked for 12 minutes. Simply turn them out and serve on individual plates with vanilla ice cream. Wow, what a winner! If you’re looking to change things up this year you will love this Pumpkin White Chocolate Lava Cake!
Get more pumpkin and fall recipes!
- 1 cup (6oz/180g) white chocolate (Bar not chips), chopped
- 11 tablespoons (51/2oz/180g) butter
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup (71/2oz/225g) pumpkin puree (Not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup (41/2oz/135g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (21/2oz/75g) flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
- Place the chopped white chocolate and butter in a medium bowl and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes in 30 second intervals until fully melted. Stir together until the white chocolate and butter are fully combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolks, pumpkin puree and brown sugar.
- Once the pumpkin mixture is evenly combined slowly pour in the white chocolate and butter mixture while whisking. Next add in the flour and salt and whisk together until there are no lumps.
- Generously butter 6 wells of basic cupcake/muffin tin, or use liners.
- Measure out ½ cup (5oz/150g) of batter and fill up each well to the top.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for exactly 12 minutes. When done the lava cakes should be golden brown and just cooked on top.
- Let the cakes set up in the muffin tin for 3-5 minutes then turn out onto a large plate.
- Place each lava cake on a serving plate, top with vanilla ice cream and serve immediately. Enjoy!
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.