This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Hi Bold Baker!
Red Velvet Oreo Cookies were released for a limited time only for Valentine’s Day. They were such a hit that now they are a permanent fixture in the Oreo cookie collection. I loved them so much I really wanted to share my Homemade Oreo recipe. They are not only made from scratch, but they are also GIANT!
Full disclosure, I might have played fast and loose with the words “Single Serving.” They are a mouthful, I’m not gonna lie but if something you are eating is delicious wouldn’t you want to be eating more of it rather then less? Makes sense to me.
The key is that you don’t have to make a full batch of these guys. So if you are in a rush, or want just one cookie after school or work, then this is a great recipe for you.
The doughs freeze perfectly so they can be baked off later. Double up and have reserves to “Bake in case of emergency.”
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Single serving Homemade Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
- ¾ cup (107g/ 3 ¾ oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100g/ 3 ½ oz) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (58g, 2 ½ oz) butter, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons egg
- 2-3 teaspoons red food coloring (gel)
- Cream cheese frosting
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix all of the dry ingredients together, the first 7.
- Add the butter and with a fork (or your fingers) rub it in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. (you can also do this step in a food processor)
- In a seperate bowl mix together the egg, vanilla extract and red food coloring.
- Add this mix to your dry ingredients and continue mixing until dough comes together in a mass. You will have to use your fingers to bring it together
- Evenly divide the dough in half and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place approximately 5 inches apart, the cookies will spread while baking. Slightly flatten the dough to 3inch wide.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes AT 350oF (180oC). Set baking sheets on a rack to cool.
- Once cooled sandwich your cookies together with cream cheese frosting.
- Enjoy your cookies immediately. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days