This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
During the fall, I probably bake more than ever. It’s simply because the weather cools down, it gets darker earlier, and the holidays are just around the corner.
On the top of my baking list are breads and doughs. My absolute favorite thing to bake is bread. I love the entire process and the fact that you can take a few hours to make a loaf or whip something simple like biscuits in no time! It means you’re never short of options. I think the biggest question is what to bake next, and that’s where my Sweet Potato & Rosemary Biscuits come in…
I created this recipe for The Inspired Home website. It’s where I go to find out what new products are coming out, along with tips and fantastic recipes. The Inspired Home’s mission is to inspire, inform, and encourage you to make your house into a home, to lead a balanced and healthy lifestyle, and to create moments to celebrate and connect with your friends and family.
Biscuits are an American staple. They are known as a “quick bread,” meaning you can mix and bake them quickly, and there is no yeast or proofing time needed. Imagine tasting buttery, savory scones, and that’s what you’ve got. Now imagine the sweetness from the potato and the savory flavor from the rosemary, and you have a biscuit from another dimension.
During Thanksgiving and Christmas, these are perfect to put on the dinner table with your big feast. Serve these freshly baked biscuits with softened butter mixed with a little honey, and you will be in heaven. Go on, it’s the holidays.
I made these Sweet Potato & Rosemary Biscuits using new kitchen equipment that came just in time for my baking frenzy. Check out my Typhoon Stainless Steel Digital Food Scale. It converts grams into ounces with ease, and it has a big bowl for me to weigh all of my ingredients at one time. Also, you’ll notice my Mason Cash Mixing Bowl and Pastry Brush. Mason Cash has been a staple in my household for years, and these mixing bowls see a lot of action year round.
My gorgeous John Boos Chopping Board gives me a big surface to chop, roll and cut on. In my small kitchen, I need all the space I can get.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Sweet Potato & Rosemary Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425oF (210oC)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, rosemary and salt.
- Add in the butter and rub in with your finger tips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the sweet potato and the buttermilk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Take care not to over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and lightly flour the top of the dough. Cut 8-9 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a baking tray lined with parchment and glaze with egg wash. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve your biscuits with some butter mixed with honey and enjoy warm.
- Cover and store the biscuits at room temperature for 3-4 days.
You can find the full recipe on The Inspired Home website.