You don’t need to travel to enjoy the classic taste of tiramisu – all you need is my homemade ice cream recipe!
Hi Bold Bakers!
One of my all time favorite desserts is Italian Tiramisu! This traditional dessert is made by soaking crunchy, Italian cookies called ladyfingers in coffee liqueur then adding layers of sweetened mascarpone cheese and cocoa powder. While Tiramisu is lovely as-is, I believe every dessert can be transformed into something magical – thus, my Tiramisu Ice Cream was born!
The Base: 2 Ingredient Homemade Ice Cream
Have you tried my Two Ingredient, Homemade Ice Cream recipe? You simply whip up a high-fat, fresh dairy cream and condensed milk to create this amazing ice cream base – no ice cream machine required. You know that saying, “If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is…?” Well, in this case, it’s true. This ice cream tastes just as rich and creamy as your storebought favorites. I have made almost 100 flavors from this two-ingredient base including Lemon Meringue Pie, Mint Chocolate Chip and even my favorite flavors of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. Check out my Freezer Section Ice Cream Destination for all of my homemade ice cream recipes.
Tiramisu Ice Cream Recipe
In Italian, Tiramisu actually means pick-me-up which refers to the yummy strong coffee that flavors this layered desert. Well, my version has the same punch as it starts with my coffee ice cream as the base. Next, I fold in crushed ladyfingers because you can’t have tiramisu without, then finish with shaved dark chocolate. This Tiramisu Ice Cream is as rich and complex as the real thing without all the fuss! Honestly, what could be more satisfying?
ENJOY MORE ICE CREAM FLAVORS!
Get 100+ Ice Cream recipes at my Gemma’s Freezer Section Ice Cream Destination page!
- 1 14 ounces (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk(fat-free or regular) cold
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml ) whipping cream, cold
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant expresso powder
- 1/2 cup (11/2oz/45g) lady finger cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup (11/2oz/45g) roughly chopped chocolate
- In a small bowl dissolve your instant expresso powder in water, set aside.
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Beat cold heavy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
- Then, turn up the machine speed again and whip until your mixture is thick and to stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base add in your coffee mixture and mix on medium speed until even in color.
- Lastly, fold in the crushed lady fingers and chocolate.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight before scooping and serving
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.