Hi Bold Bakers!
After many requests for a dairy free and Vegan Caramel Sauce option, it is finally here! This is my recipe for the best Vegan Caramel Sauce.
Lots of store bought caramel sauces are full of artificial ingredients and flavorings to make them last longer and “taste better.” Well, this recipe is here to show you you can make homemade vegan caramel sauce with just a few store bought ingredients you probably have in your cupboard right now.
My Vegan Caramel Sauce recipe is so easy, anyone can make it, and anyone would love it. This recipe is not just for vegans, but all caramel fans, and it’s actually way less finicky than traditional caramel sauce. Usually caramel sauce has to be babysat and can easily burn leaving you with an acrid or bitter caramel. This Vegan Caramel Sauce recipe is made by simply simmering coconut milk, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. The caramel thickens low and slow on the stove requiring just an occasional stir from you.
When the sauce has reduced down into a thick caramel, I take it off the burner and add vanilla and coconut oil. These last 2 ingredients make the sauce glossy, rich and full of flavor. I cannot tell you how yummy and addictive this Vegan Caramel Sauce is. Whether as a topping for ice cream, or as an addition to my morning oatmeal, this sauce is perfect to pair with just about everything. This recipe is a “must-try” for all you Bold Bakers, vegan or not!
Get more Bold Baking Guilt Free Desserts including my Healthy Brownies and Healthy Nutella recipes!
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (10oz/283g) maple syrup
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract , optional
- In a large saucepan with a heavy base, combine coconut milk, maple syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut oil and cook for another 5 minutes, or until it reaches a deep caramel color.
- Stir a little more often towards the end to keep the bottom from burning.
- Remove from the heat, add the vanilla, then poor the caramel into a bowl and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for about 2 weeks. To reheat bring to a bubble over a double boiler.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.