Hi Bold Bakers!
Welcome to the fourth and final episode of my Bold Baking Boot Camp. This week we are learning How to Make Non-Dairy Milk including Almond Milk, Cashew Milk and Coconut Milk. In previous weeks we covered how to make Gluten-Free Flours, a Sugar Substitute Chart and a Weight Conversion Chart, so if you missed those you can always catch up.
Whether you eat dairy free or not, nut milks have made their way into our everyday diets. We have them in drinks like coffee, smoothies and also curries and soups. They taste great and they are incredibly easy to make. I’m going to show you how to make 3 of the most popular non-dairy milks.
We have come a long way in recent years from thinking that dairy free, gluten free and vegan ingredients and recipes are just for those who are intolerant or have a particular diet. Chefs and restaurants have educated themselves and learned how to serve up 5 star food that is geared towards anyone who wants to eat a particular way.
Important Note: You can replace Non-Dairy Milks for regular milk or water in your recipes. The equation is equal parts 1:1 ratio.
- 1 cup almonds, raw unsalted
- 4 cups filtered or purified water
- ) Soak your nuts in 4 cups of water (2 pints) for 8 hours at room temperature.
- ) Discard soaking water and rinse your nuts in a collinder
- ) Place soaked nuts and fresh new water in high speed blender. Cover and blend on high for 1-2 minutes. It will be milky and have a bit of foam on the top.
- ) Strain milk through a clean tea towel or a nut bag and squeeze into a bowl.
- Store in a covered glass jar, bottle or pitcher in the refrigerator, it’ll be good for about 4-5 days.
- Feel free to add vanilla, cinnamon or other flavors to your milk.
These same instructions work for any nut that you prefer to use. Though, generally almonds are my go-to choice.
Separation is totally natural with homemade nut milks, just be sure to shake it up just before serving.
And in case you missed previous episodes, make sure to get my Homemade Gluten Free flours and Weight Conversion Chart.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.