This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Who doesn’t love caramel corn? And Ice Cream? Separately and together they are a happy combination of flavor and texture.
You are probably wondering how you make ice cream taste like Caramel Corn? It’s simple, soak the popcorn in cream for 30 minutes until it goes soft. The caramel and popcorn will infuse in the cream. The longer you infuse, the stronger the flavor.
A dessert mash up is where two delicious things come together to become one. That’s a perfect way to describe my Caramel Corn Ice Cream: Caramel Popcorn & Ice Cream. They’re yummy by themselves and even better together.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Caramel Corn Ice Cream (No Machine)
- 2 cups (100g/ 3 ½ oz) caramel corn
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml ) cold whipping cream (all purpose cream or heavy cream)
- ¼ cup (3 ½ oz/ 100g) cold condensed milk
- A handful of crushed popcorn for mixing in
- Pour the cream into a bowl and stir in the caramel corn. Let is sit and soak for 30 minutes. This will infuse the cream with the flavors of the popcorn.
- Pass the cream through a sieve. Feel free to push out any excess cream from the corn too. It’s all flavors.
- Whip the cold cream on medium/ high in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed back up high again and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks.
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors once it is nice and thick.
- Stir in the crushed caramel corn for even more caramel corn flavor and texture.
- Place in a large resealable container and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight before eating. Keep for up to 6 weeks.