Hi Bold Bakers!
Nope, your eyes are not deceiving you. This is, in fact, a tub of Ice Cream and not a Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino.
When coming up with new Ice Cream flavors I thought why not make some Coffee Ice Cream inspired by the popular chain that we all know and love. So my Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Ice Cream was born!
Making coffee flavored Ice Cream is easy, but you can’t just add in a cup of coffee, you need to use a concentrated coffee granules. I always have a small jar in the house for baking.
Remember it’s a Mocha, so don’t forget to mix in some rich Chocolate Sauce!! Go the whole hog and drizzle some on top too.
Once mixed, your ice cream takes only 4 hours to freeze and it can be stored in a freezer for up to 6 weeks; that’s if it lasts that long.
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml ) cold whipping cream (all purpose cream or heavy cream)
- 14 ounces (1 can/ 400ml) cold condensed milk (fat-free or regular)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 teaspoons granulated instant coffee
- 4 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- Whip the cold cream on medium/ high in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer) until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the machine and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed back up high again and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks. Turn off the machine and stir in vanilla extract now if desired.
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors once it is nice and thick.
- If you want to recreate this Starbucks Frappuccino set aside a small amount of ice cream base so you can place it in top as the ‘whipped cream’.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in a few teaspoons of water, just enough to make it liquid. Stir the coffee into the ice cream base.
- Ripple in the chocolate sauce and pipe or scoop on your whipped cream. Do as the pros do and drizzle more chocolate sauce over the top.
- Place in a large resealable container and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight before eating. Keep for up to 6 weeks.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
4 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.