Delve into rich chocolate and sweet coconut with my mouth-watering Chocolate No Bake Cookies – no oven required.
Hi Bold Bakers!
You know what would happen if you combined a chewy chocolate macaroon and rich fudge brownie? You’d get this No Bake Chocolate Cookie. My new no bake chocolate cookie recipe means serious business. With super-rich chocolate and nutty shredded coconut, this cookie has the right amount of sweetness without any fuss at all. With no baking required and the exclusion of gluten, eggs, flour and refined sugar, this cookie recipe is perfect for every kind of baker.
Making No Bake Cookies
My Chocolate No Bake Cookie really could not be easier to make. In a bowl, simply melt together the butter and the honey then add in the coconut and cocoa powder. I know, you’re thinking there has to be more to it but the beauty lies in the simplicity. These chocolate cookies can be made in 10 minutes flat, making them perfect for both last minute entertaining and those regular chocolate cravings!
What makes this cookie egg, flour and gluten-free?
My no bake cookie recipe omits flour and eggs. They’re simply not needed. The sticky honey and shredded coconut truly hold the ingredients together once set in the refrigerator. With such amazing chewiness and stand-out texture, let’s just say these cookies are a force to be reckoned with.
Do these no bake cookies need to be refrigerated?
Since these are no-bake cookies, they truly rely on the refrigerator to set and hold together. With just a short time in the fridge or freezer, the honey and butter will beautifully adhere to the coconut and cocoa powder and ensure that they hold their shape and form. And no, there’s no need to worry about these melting on you. While I do suggest storing them in the refrigerator, they are lovely served at room temperature.
For more great cookie recipes checkout:
- 3/4 cup (71/2oz/213g) honey
- 1/4 cup (2oz/57g) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (12oz/340g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup (3oz/85g) cocoa powder
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl melt together the butter and honey, this should take roughly 1 minute.
- Stir in the vanilla then the coconut, and cocoa powder. Mix until evenly combined. The mixture will be pretty sticky.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon measure, scoop 2 tablespoons of the cookie mix and place on the lined baking tray.
- Using your fingertips, flatten the top of the cookies and shape into even rounds.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator or freezer for a minimum of 20 minutes or until firm. Enjoy!
- These cookies can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
2 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.