Easily make Coconut Macaroons with my 3-ingredient recipe for the best macaroons recipe without all the fuss.
Hi Bold Bakers!
We all know and love traditional chocolate dipped coconut macaroons! They are full of coconutty flavor and have a great chewy texture. While these are pretty simple to whip up to begin with, I’ve gone a step farther and made them fool proof!
My 3 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons recipe is an amazing way to start baking. If you are a beginner baker or are simply looking for a super quick and delicious recipe, this one is for you! And you’ll be on your way to becoming a truly Bold Baker, baking with confidence!
How to Make Coconut Macaroons?
The base of this recipe is actually just 2 ingredients – sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut! While traditional coconut macaroons are made using egg whites, these are egg free. All you do is mix the 2 ingredients in a big bowl, scoop, and then bake. After just 15 minutes in the oven, I dip the cookies in rich melted chocolate and allow to set.
The result are coconut cookies that are perfectly sweet, toasty and golden on the outside while being moist and chewy on the inside. They are impressive enough to serve at any party or special event, and no one has to know they were easy as pie!
What’s the Difference between a Macaron vs. Macaroon?
Macarons and macaroons are very different cookies. A macaroon is traditionally made with coconut while a macaron is meringue based and made with almond flour. French Macarons are considered much more difficult to make and finicky than these easy macaroons. You can give my French Macaron recipe a go but make sure you watch my step-by-step video so you’re ready.
And you can get more 3 Ingredient Cookies including:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Vegan Coconut Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Cookies
- 3 1/4 cups (10oz/300g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (7oz/225g) sweetened condensed milk (about 1/2 can)
- 1/2 cup (3oz/90g) chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180oC) and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat Mat.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut and sweetened condensed milk. . Mix with a spoon until the coconut and milk are completely mixed, the mixture will be very sticky but not too wet.
- Use a tablespoon measure scoop out 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture and place on your cookie sheet about 1 inch apart, no need to worry about these spreading.
- Gently form into a rounded mound for form the classic macaroon shape.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool Slightly.
- Once cooled dip the bottom or top of each macaroon in melted chocolate. Set aside on a wire rack to set. Once cooled store in an air tight container for 4 days. Enjoy!
I’m excited to partner with NatureBox to bring you these recipes. NatureBox creates delicious snacks made with high-quality, simple ingredients. Visit naturebox.com and get 3 FREE SNACKS with your first order! Also, you’ll find my favorite snacks listed on that page. NatureBox only delivers in the U.S. at this time but let me know in the comments below if you want to get NatureBox snacks in your country and I will let them know.
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
8 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.